What I Got For my 21st Birthday

July 30, 2014

As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I said i'd be putting a birthday haul some point this week but as I had everything ready to photograph I thought i'd put it up today, as I love seeing what other people have gotten for their birthdays and I thought you guys would enjoy this also. 
This year I hadn't really asked for many things as I just never know what I want, but I did know that I wanted a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8, which my Dad and Step Mum kindly got me. I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait to start snapping away with it. Also from my Dad and Step Mum I got the new Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, which I hinted about after smelling this last week and I love it! The bottle, the scent, everything! 

From one of bestest friends Sophie, she kindly got me the Benefit Gimme Brow after a discussion of what Benefit products we owned a few weeks ago, but I never imagined her getting it me. I've used it a couple of times, and my eyebrows have never looked so good! From my boyfriend Will, he decided to get me a few funny presents and one included this Keep Calm Keyring, which I have to use apparently. Also from one of my other best friends Megan, she got me this lovely Wall Hanging, which I will be hanging in my desk area when I finally get around to sorting it all out, but I love the words on it.

I seemed to accumalte mugs on birthdays and this year I managed three. The first one is also another gift from my friend Megan, and this the Biscuit Pocket Mug. She knows me too well as I love dunking cookies in my tea, and she also got me two packets of cookies to go with the mug. Another funny present from Will was this Keep Calm Mug, which I actually really like and i'm currently drinking a cuppa out of it as we speak. 

Another present from Meg, was this lovely Vintage Green Floral Candle from Dunelm Mill and I just love the jar on this. She was going to get me a Jo Malone candle, which i'm glad she didn't as those things are too expensive for you just burn away. My Mum got me this really cute Tatty Teddy, as it's a thing between us to get each other Tatty Teddy cards on birthdays etc, but instead she got me a teddy.

As most people would think, I got a few jewellery pieces for my birthday including a 21st Birthday Pandora Charm from my Mum, and a Vintage Scissors Pandora Charm from everyone at work (which I haven't photographed). From my Step Dad's parents, I got this beautiful Floral Bracelet which I haven't taken off since opening it, it's just so pretty. From one of best friends Abi, she got me this lovely Crystal Bracelet, which are similar to ones I had when I was little and this compliments my Pandora really nicely. I also got this lovely Circle Pendant Set from my Cousins, which is so beautiful.. i've been waiting to photograph them so I can now wear the earrings. Last of the jewellery bits comes from my Grand Parents, and they got me this beautiful Cornish Tin Starfish Necklace. As they live in Cornwall they wanted to give something Cornish to remember them with. 

From another one of my really close friends Abbie, she got me this really nice River Island Bag, which has now become my everyday bag as it's the ideal size for me. I'm not usually one for red bags, but I really like this one. Another fashion item comes from Will, and he got me this Cut Out Layered Tea Dress (£25) from Fashion Union, which he got me to choose a bunch of dresses and then he picked out this one. I love the colours on this and the fit is just perfect, as the cut out detailing on the side adds something to a normal skater style. 

Lastly, from Meg she got a Giant Millies Cookie as i've been saying that I wouldn't be happy if I didn't get one, as I got her one for her 19th birthday. We tucked into it yesterday, as it tastes so good! 

I also received money and some gift cards for my birthday off various people and obviously a few alcoholic presents, but I didn't really want to include those in the blog post.  Again, I want to thank anyone who wished me a happy birthday, and now i'm going to stop waffling as this blog post is getting way too long!

Have any of you celebrated your birthday recently? What did you get?

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. It's nearly my 18th so I'm excited to see what I get!! Did you have a good day?! xx

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    Enter my giveaway here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you :) Seems like you had a wonderful birthday and you really got some really great gifts! The Marc Jacobs daisy dream is what I currently want right now, it smells so lovely and perfect for summer. I love reading posts on what people got for their birthday because it gives me an idea on what I want for my upcoming birthday :)


    Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a lovely day!

    Y i n g || ~* YingcBeauty *~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte Morgan30 July 2014 at 12:11

    Ahh my 18th was probably the most excited i've ever been! Yes I did, had a really lovely day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful selection of presents! The Fujifilm camera is so exciting, I'm sure you'll gave a ton of fun with it.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the biscuit pocket mug! Have seen it around Urban Outfitters, so cute!x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. MaquillageMagic30 July 2014 at 13:48

    Well that river island bag is just beautiful! Hope you had a lovely birthday


    Laura xx


    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some lovely things - the camera is really cute! Hope you had a great day! :)

    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. clairabelle030630 July 2014 at 15:01

    Happy Birthday, what lovely presents. I may have my eye on the camera, I'm sure it won't be long before I give in haha :)
    xxx Claire
    wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my instax mini camera too! The bottle for that Daisy perfume is to die for :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a lovely birthday! You got some really nice things, I love the dress! That cookies looks delicious.


    Sammy
    xx
    daintyowl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some really lovely things! I really want an Instax Mini.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely gifts, the polarioid is adorable :)

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cool that you got a Polaroid, I'd love one! I love that wall hanging too.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julz' Obsessions2 August 2014 at 00:37

    Happy Birthday! You done so well!! I hope you had a lovely day. I love every Marc Jacobs scent. At duty free the other day I considered Daisy Dream as it truly is beautiful but I went for Dot instead as I've wanted it for so long. I love the mug with biscuit pocket- I definitely need one of those in my life. My birthday was just over a month ago and I got jewellery, driving lessons and a random assortment of other goodies.
    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.