Getting Back Into Fitness & Feeling Good

May 04, 2016

Ever since I booked my holiday to Ibiza at the end of June, I vowed that I would get my bum back in the gym in an attempt to not only look a little better but to also better my confidence, and to just generally feel better physically. So far i've been really dedicated and I thought that i'd share a few of my tips and things that i've found have really helped motivate me along the way.
Body confidence is always something i've struggled with for as long as I can remember, as i've always been a little on the chubby side especially when I was going through my teenage puberty years. Today i'd probably say i'm in somewhat the best shape that I have ever been, but the thought of getting in a bikini does still somewhat terrify me. So i've really been motivating myself to push myself to eat well and get a good amount of exercise in each week, and I thought some of you who are maybe lacking some motivation will find some tips on how i've gotten back into fitness helpful.

Be aware of what your putting in your body - For me I usually just eat what I want, when I want and I never really paid attention to what I am eating, or whether it is good for me. I'd heard of a few friends using fitness apps to help understand a little more into what they are eating, so I went ahead and downloaded My Fitness Pal. Now I don't necessarily use this app to calorie count, instead I use to know the amount of protein, carbs and fats that I am eating within a day. Since downloading this app i've naturally started choosing more healthier choices of foods, but I also really enjoy using this to track my exercise and also weight loss. So far i'm really enjoying using this app, as it naturally motivates me and allows me to understand so much more about the foods that i'm putting in my body.

Set yourself a goal - Now I know this one is probably a little cliche, but setting goals is always a really good way to naturally motivate and push yourself. When I say goal, I don't necessarily mean a weight loss goal but for me i've set myself a goal of going to the gym 4 times a week, for a minimum of an hour, and so far i've been achieving this goal. Another goal I set myself is burning a certain amount of calories within each gym session, and again it is a great motivator.

Treat yourself to some new gym gear - It is so true when they say that buying new clothes for the gym will motivate you to go, because looking good in your funky gym leggings is always a must! I find that Primark and H&M have amazing ranges of gym wear that is not only affordable, but also so cute and so practical. Also a killer pair or two of trainers is a must for me and i've always been a fan of Nike trainers, but as long as they look good and give your ankles the support they need then you're sorted!

Get yourself an exercise buddy - For me getting an exercise buddy is the main answer to motivation to work out as you with motivate one another to not only go to the gym or go for a run etc, but to also push yourself with whatever physical activity you're doing. It also means you can catch up on the weekly gossip whilst giving your body a good adrenaline rush.

Try out new beauty products - Being a beauty obsessor that I am, i'm always into trying out new products and ones that are targeted towards not only making yourself feel better, but also to look better i'm always up for. I was recently sent the CelluBlue Anti-Cellulite Cup* (£19) to try out as it is proven to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. As I will never go down the route of plastic surgery,  mainly because I don't really like the thought of it, nor can I afford it so trying a non surgical alternative was really appealing to me. I've been using this for over a month now and so far i'm actually impressed with the results. I have a long way to go but I find that the skin on my stomach and thighs is looking a lot firmer that before, and i'm excited to see what results I get with continuing to use this.

Treat yourself once in a while - For me, when I know i've had a really good week of going to the gym and eating generally well, treating myself to a cheat meal or two always makes me feel rewarded for my hard work. You have to remember it's all in moderation, and it is okay to eat a cheat meal once in a while.

So those are a few of my tips for motivating yourself to get back into fitness, but to also make yourself feel better. So far i've really been enjoying going to the gym, which I never have before and I generally feel so much better about myself, as i'm more awake and I have so much more energy just by switching up a few things, so if I can do you definitely can!

What do you do to motivate yourself when it comes to fitness?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.