Styling 3 Winter Staple Boots

January 18, 2017

Looking back at my blog in 2016 I loved upping my fashion content, and as we are entering mid Jan I thought it was about time I posted my first fashion post of the year, with the idea of posting at least one a month! I'm absolutely loving the shoe trends at the moment, and i'm sure i'm not the only gal out there that thinks a good pair of boots can make or break an outfit, so when Ego Shoes approched me on styling up three pairs of boots for the winter season, I couldn't not say no!
THE KNEE HIGH BOOT
One style of boot that has been an on trend piece for a couple of years now has been the knee high boot, of which I absolutely love but I do find that only certain styles suit my legs as I do have a good set of thighs on me, so finding a pair that slim down my legs rather than exaggerating them is quite hard to come by. Enter these absolutely gorgeous Naturi Black Long Boots* (£34.99) and it's like all of prayers have been answered all in one! Suede, mid heel and black makes a perfect combo, and they really slim my legs down like no other knee high boot has done before. The main thing that I love about these boots is the tie detail on the back, as it adds such a nice touch and it also stops the boots falling down, especially when you're wearing a skirt and tights combo like I have here. I've been wearing these boots non stop recently, and one of my favourite outfit combos that i've styled them with has got to be a high neck, mini skirt and fluffy bomber combo as it's not only cute but it's still enough to keep me cosy and warm during these few cold months. Ego have an amazing variety of on trend long boots, from simple styles to more key trend pieces which will have you absolutely swooning just like me!
THE SOCK BOOT
For me the sock boot trend is one that I never thought i'd be able to pull off, as I assumed they'd cut my leg off at a really odd point and just wouldn't be something I could style easily, and how wrong I was! The Zina Black Ankle Boot* (£34.99) is so incredibly easy to style, and I absolutely love how versatile they are as you can wear them with an everyday outfit or you can dress them up in the evening with a little mini dress! As it's winter, I opted for one of my favourite coats with my well loved khaki zip skirt and a simple high neck, as I love how easy these types of outfits are to style up, and the ankle boots just work so well much to my surprise! If like me you're wanting to try out a trend piece, but you're not sure whether they're going to suit you or not, then i'd definitely recommend checking out the range of shoes that Ego have, as there as so many shoes that would suit so many different styles!
THE EMBROIDERED BOOT
Saving quite possibly the best boots until last, and if you've not seen or heard anything on the embroidered boot trend then you've definitely been living under a rock. For me, i'm definitely that person who plays it safe and never really wear anything but black or white shoes, so stepping out in the stunning Louisa Floral Print Ankle Boots* (£34.99) was a massive thing for me, and I absolutely love them! Styling them to begin with was quite a tricky one, but i've learnt that less is definitely more and to keep it quite simple in order to allow the boots to be the statement piece of an outfit, so I opted for a simple pair of jeans, high neck (obvs) and a gilet. These I particularly love as the pattern is so different to the standard floral embroidered boot, and the pop of colour is just what I need somedays, especially when I forget i'm wearing them and then I look down to see these beautiful boots staring back at me! Ego again have a massive range of floral boots, with many different styles from everyday boots to more evening shoes so no doubt you'll find a pair you love!

So there we have it, three staple winter boots style three different ways! I had such good fun shooting this post, as it kind of pushed me a little bit out of my comfort zone, and i'm so pleased with how the photos came out! Make sure you head on over the Ego to check out their incredible selection of shoes, and make sure to use the code 'NEXT10' on your order!

What are your favourite boots for winter?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.