Photography Tips I've Learnt From Bloggers

April 21, 2017

One thing that I love about blogging is the skills that I've learnt through running this little corner of the internet for the past four years, and the majority of those skills have not only come from self teaching but also from the lovely blogging girls who share some incredible tips. So I thought today i'd put a post together, giving credit where credit is due whilst letting you in the best tips I've learnt from those who know it best.
It's safe to say that after beauty, tips posts are my favourites to read and although a lot of people bang on about tips posts being repetitive, I actually find them so useful especially if I'm able to take something away from them. In the past few months you'll probably have noticed I've really upped it when it comes to blogging, and my overall aesthetic has changed dramatically and the reason for this comes from the tips I've learnt and applied from a few lovely blogging ladies.

Dodge Tool - Photoshop has been my go to for photo editing since the very beginning, and I've learnt a few tricks when it comes to editing just through trial and error, but one thing I've never been able to master is removing those annoying shadows that appear in every photo going. After reading Claudia's post on how she edits her blog photos, I instantly opened up an image in Photoshop and had a play with the dodge tool, and it was as if all of questions had been answered. Guaranteed now, every photo that I edit has had the dodge tool used, as it has changed the game for me when it comes to photo editing.

Using my DSLR - Back in my second year of blogging I finally took the plunge and purchased my first ever DSLR camera, but it has taken me up until this year to actually come off the 'auto' setting, and actually use the manual elements to it. The main reason for this is that I didn't know where to start, so when Caitlin published her post all about mastering how to use your camera, but making it understandable for a tech newbie like myself it literally changed my life! I have since reread this post a good 50 times, with my camera in tow, manually changing settings and playing around with the exposure, and it's safe to say I've seen such an improvement in my blog photography since reading this post!

Mastering a Flatlay - It's safe to say us bloggers love a flat lay, and although I've always done my own thing, I definitely wanted to switch up what I was doing in terms of props and just knowing what worked well for other bloggers. I've read a fair few posts on flat lays, but two of my favourites that really stuck with me were Gemma's post on how to master the flay lay, and also Lily's post again giving tips on getting the perfect flat lay. Both of these posts have some amazing tips, that I had never considered before, and now the way I lay out my flat lays has totally changed to how I did just a few months ago.

What tips have you taken from other bloggers that have bettered your content?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.