Transitional Beauty Picks For Autumn

September 21, 2017

I'm not even sorry that I'm already posting a transitional makeup style post because I am oh so looking forward to the cosy Autumn evenings that are upon us and switching up my beauty picks over the next few months! So I thought i'd share a few products that i'm beginning to pull out of my stash as we head into the colder months.
Typically my beauty regime doesn't change too much throughout the year, however having said that there a few products that I often find myself switching to and reaching for during the autumn winter months, purely because it's so flippin' cold!

Starting off with skincare, because this is the one area of my beauty regime that I do have to change during the winter as my skin always tends to go on the drier side, and is often in need of a pick me up. One product that i've used on and off since I purchased it in Feb is the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate (£37) as my skin has been overly in need of an overnight oil, but in the past couple of days I have been reaching for this. Essentially if you haven't heard anything about this oil, then you need to because it is the best overnight oil to recover your dry skin woes. I do find this oil goes a very long way, as you literally need the tiniest amount to cover the entirety of your skin and trust me when I say that you will wake up with amazing skin come the morning.

For perfume, during the winter months I switch to my more stronger scents and one perfume i've not used in some time is the Paco Rabanne Olympea Perfume (£58.50) which has been a massive favourite of mine for the past couple of years. I typically wear this to death during the winter months, why i'm not sure but I absolutely adore this fragrance, and is one i'd highly recommend. It's a very sexy floral fragrance with notes of vanilla mixed with florals and woody tones, that makes you feel very sophisticated and as if you've got your sh*t together!

When it comes to makeup, this area doesn't really switch much as I typically use the same base products and powder products however I typically switch up the eyeshadow shades and lipstick shades that I wear. One palette that I really don't give enough love is the Urban Decay Smokey Palette (£39.50), which is one of my favourites of the Naked palettes but I just don't wear eyeshadow enough to get full use out if this. It has a beautiful mix of matte shades and shimmer shades that just make for a beautiful smokey eye. As for lipsticks, two shades from MAC that I wear to death in the A/W are two plum toned shades. My firm favourite is MAC Plumful Lipstick (£16.50) which is such a lovely natural plum pink shade that is natural enough to wear on a day to day basis and the lustre finish is just beaut. The other MAC shade that I love is MAC Craving Lipstick (£16.50) which is another plum toned shade that I love however this is an amplified finish which is slightly different to the lustre finish and I love rocking this with a more smokey eye and an evening look.

Finally for nail shades i'm definitely going to be switching to more autumnal hues and although I don't actually use actual nail varnish due to having acrylics and gels, i'm really excited to switch it up from the typical nude shades that I always seem to gravitate towards. Having said that, one of my favourite autumn nail polish shades is Essie Big Spender Nail Polish (£7.99) as its a beautiful plum shade that matches back well to the lipstick shades I typically gravitate towards during autumn.

What products are you looking forward to using during autumn?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.