Best of 2014: Skincare

January 02, 2015

This year I wanted to do a round up of my favourite products from the year, the ones that have really stood out to me and have been well loved throughout the year. Similar to last year, I will be splitting these posts into categories and today i'm going to be talking about my favourite skincare products from the year.
This year I have really furthered my knowledge when it comes to skincare. I've learnt a lot about my skin and the type of skin I have, but i've also learnt what my skin likes and what my skin also doesn't like - so i've been able to find some firm favourites.

A brand that has really stood out to me this year is The Body Shop and their skincare has definitely had a lot of love from us bloggers. Ever since purchasing the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£10) back in the summer, I have not stopped using it. The oil works really well to melt away your makeup and any dirt left on the skin, whilst also infusing a bit of moisture back into the skin. I really like how gentle it is on the skin and it never leaves my skin feeling irritated or dry, which is something i've always struggled with, so it's lovely to have found a cleanser that works just how I need it to. A few other products that i've loved from The Body Shop this year come from their Vitamin E range including - Vitamin E Moisture Serum (£12), Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask (£13), Vitamin E Cream Cleanser (£8.50).

Another brand that has blown my socks off this year is Jurlique. Although their skincare is on the pricer side, it definitely shows that often splurging on skincare has its payoffs. This year I have really gotten into facial oils, as I find they are a quick and easy way to soothe any dry skin patches. One of my favourites this year has been the Skin Balancing Facial Oil* (£38), which I have been using non stop since I got it, but it looks like I have hardly used it - a little bit goes a long way. It is such a lovely facial oil that instantly soothes my dry skin, usually on my forehead and just works to really balance out my skins. Another product from Jurlique that I have loved this year is the Rose Moisture Plus Daily Moisture Balancing Serum* (£40). This particular product is aimed at dry skin, as it contains a bunch of essential fatty acids that help to protect the skin, whilst also infusing and replenishing the skins moisture. It's a lovely serum that sinks in almost instantly and since using this product I have noticed how much my skin has improved.

Moving onto face masks, and i've discovered a fair few that work really well for my skin, mainly focused towards dry skin and at replenishing the skins moisture. Another favourite from Jurlique is their Moisture Replenishing Mask* (£34), which is oddly a clay mask as usually I would associate clay masks with dry skin, but this one if just amazing for my dry skin. It works to remove and soothe any dry skin, whilst also gently hydrating the skin at the same time. My skin is left feeling so smooth and looking really revitalised and radiant. A more recent mask find comes from Rodial and their Super Acids X-Treme Hangover Mask* (£45). Again, another clay based mask but aimed towards 'hungover' skin that is dry and just lacking a lot of moisture. The smell of this is a little funky, but I can get past this as it does wonders for my skin. Said to resurface, deeply cleanse, exfoliate and restore the skin back to a healthy looking complexion, through the use of many different fruit acids - and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

So those are all of the skincare products that have really stood out to me this year, and i've definitely found some amazing products that work really well for my skin and i'm sure I will love them well into 2015.

What skincare products have you loved this past year?


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've really been loving The Body Shop skincare range this year - especially the camomile cleansing butter. I'd like to try some more skincare products this year :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best skincare discovery this year was definitely the Pixi Glow Tonic. And both of those masks sound amzing, I must get my hands on them!


    Kelsey | kelseybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't tried that body shop cleanser! x

    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.