Celebrating my 22nd Birthday

August 01, 2015

So let's quickly address the elephant in the room that I haven't blogged all that much this past month. Truth be told, i've had a few things going on in my personal life of which i've briefly spoken about in this post here, but i've also been quite ill and juggling all of that with a full time job on top of everything else has just gotten on top of me. Any who i'm feeling much better and i'm finally at a place where i'm content and ready to get back to blogging!
So for any you who follow me on Twitter or Instagram, then you'll know it was my 22nd birthday on Tuesday and i've had almost a weeks worth of chilled out celebrations that I thought i'd share with you guys, as you all seem to enjoy my lifestyle posts!

This weekend just gone I visited my Dad in Plymouth and spent the weekend just chilling out, catching up and just having a general break from everything! I went a bit cray' in Topshop and definitely treated myself, which I haven't done in such a long time and it felt bloody amazing to just let loose and get my spend on. I may do a haul, I may not, we will see.

Now you're probably more interested in the amazing food pictured above, and boy have I been dying to share all about this with you guys. Plymouth is very well known, to me anyway for having some amazing independent eateries and whenever I visit I always look forward to the food that i'm going to sampling. On Saturday evening we all headed down the Rhodes at The Dome, which is right on The Hoe and has the most delightful selection of locally sourced food that is too die for!

As it was for my birthday, we had a table with the most lovely view of the waterfront of which they'd decorated the table with glitter and balloons, which was such a lovely touch. We started with drinks, of course I opted for a cocktail 'The Dome' to be precise which was a mixture of strawberry, vodka and raspberry I believe. To start I had the pea and watercress soup, so creamy and so moreish - I love a good soup! For main both my Dad and myself had the pork belly, which I would highly recommend! There was not an ounce of fat on it and the jus was unreal. Now I didn't think i'd be able to fit in a pudding but I went for it and had the chocolate pudding, which was accompanied by white chocolate and honeycomb ice cream *heart eye emojis*. SO GOOD! Then, they brought out a little chocolate plate that read 'Happy Birthday' and I was smiling from ear to ear! Such good service and such lovely, good quality food that is actually really affordable for what you get. Honestly could not recommend it anymore than I already have!

As for my actual birthday, I didn't really do that much. Went out for an Italian at Valentino's in the evening before with some friends for a catch up, which was lovely and the food is always amazing. Then on Tuesday I had the biggest lie in ever and when I eventually dragged my bum out of bed, I was greeted by a lovely bunch of flowers from my Mum and a huge white chocolate cake - it was as good as it sounds. My friend Paige and I spontaneously went to the cinema and watched Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal and be warned, you will cry! Such a sad film but i'd highly recommend giving it a watch. Then in the evening my family and I went out my favourite Thai restaurant, Thai Gallery and again the food was absolutely delicious!

So that's how I celebrated my 22nd birthday, good food and good company - all you need really! I will hopefully be doing a birthday haul style post soon, once i'm back in the swing of things anyway.

Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.