Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette

August 05, 2015

As i'm getting back into the swing of things very slowly, I thought the best way to ease myself back in was with a review from my favourite brand on the market at the moment and of course that is Makeup Revolution. It had been a little while since a Makeup Revolution has landed on my doorstep, but I arrived home early last week to find this palette waiting on my doorstep and I couldn't wait to see what this was all about.
It seems that Instagram is the place to find out about all the new products that are coming our way and i'd seen a lot of newness from Makeup Revolution with many fellow bloggers posting especially about this palette, so I was really intrigued to see what this was all about.

I'm not all that familiar with colour correcting but it has always been something that has intrigued me, as I myself suffer with quite a lot of redness and just general dull skin but i've never really come across any products, on the high street anyway that targets these in one product. However this new Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette* (£6) has answered all of my prayers and is the first correcting palette (that I know of) that combats all different types of colour correcting, for all skin tones.

Similar to the other palettes within the Makeup Revolution collection, this palette has eight different shades housed within glossy black packaging and a huge mirror, which always come in handy. As I mentioned, this palette has the answer to any type of colour correcting you would ever need and works for all skin tones, so it is completely versatile. Now if you're like me, you've just stuck to the same concealer for years and just presumed that it covered all colour problems that you've had and until now i've done exactly that, but this palette has changed how I look at concealer and it has taught me quite a lot about colour correcting.

Now each colour within this palette has it's own purpose. Pink brightens the complexion, purple reduces yellow tones, green reduces redness, orange neutralises blue tones, peach balances out discolouration, white adds natural highlight and brightens, cream neutralises purple tones and dark ares and the brown balances ashiness in darker skin tones. The correcting shades within this palette have a wonderful and blendable creamy consistency that makes them so easy to work with and not only does each shade have it's own purpose, but they are also designed to cover blemishes with a natural and even finish. 

So far i've found this palette to be really impressive and i've really enjoyed getting to grips by seeing how this works. I've mainly been using the purple, white and green shades to reduce the redness in my skin and to brighten up any dull areas, and so far i'm really pleased with the results this gives.

Have you tried out this palette?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.