Mid Year Beauty Favourites

June 15, 2016

As you all know, I love talking about the products that i'm loving each month as well as rounding up my favourite products from the year, but i've never really thought of doing a mid year favourites until I saw a few other bloggers doing the same post. I thought it would be a little different but also fun to share some products that i've loved throughout the year and still loving to this day.
This year has been the year where i've really streamlined the beauty products that I use and although I have been trying out a fair few products, i've really not been splurging or jumping on the hype as much as I have previously. So saying that these products really have stood the test of time, as the majority of these I have been loving for a fair few months and some have continued to be loved from last year!

When it comes to base products hands down my favourite product of the year has been the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (£7.99) hands down! I've longed to find a foundation that just works for me in every way possible, as so many foundations cling to the dry areas of my skin or just look a bit meh on my skin, but not this! It has a lovely medium coverage that just covers and evens out my skin tone like no other that I've ever used. For a drugstore foundation it has really impressed me as it lasts so well throughout the day and as a big lover of Rimmel foundations, this just further proves how amazing their foundations are.

Another product that I've spoken about far too many times is the Collection #BlushNGlow Palette (£4.99). Again this is another product that proves just how good a high street brand is, and Collection is one that I've loved for years! This palette is perfect for all your blush, bronzing and highlighting needs and is so handy to just throw in your bag for on the go touch ups. I'm a big fan of the bronzer and highlighter shades within this palette as they work well for when i'm pale but also when I've fake tanned. The blushers are also really pretty if you want to add a nice yet subtle pop of colour to your cheeks. Another blusher that I've loved well on from last year is the Max Factor Crème Puff Blusher (£8.99) , which I have in a few shades and I really like all of them. The cream come powder formula is an unusual one but the colour pay off on these things are outstanding and the finish is beautiful!

This next one is a bit of a surprise because when it comes to mascara, I don't find that i'm usually that impressed with a mascara as they all sort of do the same thing to me but I was proved very wrong when I tried out the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (£17.50) . This travel mini came within a palette and initially I wasn't too fussed, but when I saw what this did to my lashes I was blown away. It lengthens and separates like no other mascara that I've ever tried, and for a bristle wand this was a total shock! I'm definitely going to be stocking up on this when this finally dries up!

A recent addition into my life, but one that I know will be a firm favourite for possibly the rest of eternity is the NYX Intense Butter Gloss (£5.50) . Having only owned a few of these for a couple of weeks I've honestly been converted as I would always steer clear of a gloss, but these are unreal! The pigmentation to them is beautiful and although they are very glossy, I don't find them to be annoyingly sticky (if that makes sense?). I will definitely be picking up more of these as I have been absolutely blown away by these.

Last but definitely not least, I decided to go for a fragrance that has been a firm favourite from last year up until now and this is the Paco Rabanne Olympea Eau de Parfum* (£45.99). I absolutely love this fragrance, as it is so no a usual me fragrance but i've literally fallen in love with it. I get so many comments when wearing this and I find the scent lasts so well in comparison to other perfumes that I wear a lot of.

So those are the products that i've been loving over the past six months or so, some of which I know I will be featuring in my end of year favourites!

What products have you been loving this year so far?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.