Vampy Makeup Picks

October 27, 2017

As it's Halloween this weekend (kind of) and in true spirit of Halloween I thought i'd put together a little post some of my favourite picks for a vampy makeup look, as i'm not really one for all the proper Halloween gore makeup looks (mainly because I don't have a clue where to start), and I thought it may give you guys some ideas for your own makeup looks this weekend.
Most Halloweens where I have dressed up i've typically gone for some sort of smokey eye look with some false lashes for the added effect, all finished off with a deep red or purple lip to give a vampy style of makeup look.

Recently i've been rekindling my love for eyeshadow and i've been playing around a lot more with the Naked Smokey Palette (£39.50) as it's an amazing palette for a smokey eye look, as all of the shades work in so many ways to create a fair few different eye looks. It's also great because it contains a really good mix of matte and shimmer shades, meaning it's really good to work with and gives you a fair few shades options to play with.

I've also been playing around with the Freedom ProArtist Eye Foils* (£5) in the shades 'Metallic 1' and this a little five piece shadow set which you can put into your own refillable palettes, and is a lovely mix of bronze, copper and red shimmery shades. I've been feeling a little more brave when it comes to my eye looks and i've been loving adding a touch of red and bronzey shades into my eye looks, but these are just perfect if your wanting a shimmery pop to your eyelook. Not to forget they are cheap as chips at just £5 for all 5 shades.

Finally for lipsticks, my two go to's when it comes to a vampy lip are two shades from the Nars Audacious Lipstick (£26) line, of which I just love as the finish is super matte but without being drying what so ever. My favourite shade by far is 'Charlotte' which is a beautiful deep red shade that gives me all the autumnal vampy vibes and suits my skin when i'm hella pale, and also when i'm fake tanned. The other shade that I love for a more pinky vampy look is the shade 'Vera', which is a pinky berry shade that is a little easier to wear if you're not a big red lip fan.

What are your Halloween makeup picks?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.