Desk Beauty Essentials

July 11, 2016

Being a beauty blogger, but also having a full time job at the same time means that I spend the majority of my life sat at a desk working my little toosh off. I've seen a few bloggers talking about the beauty products that they keep on their desks, so I thought it would be fun to share the products that I keep on my desk at work that I reach for quite a lot throughout the day.
When it comes to using and carrying beauty products around during the day, I do try to keep it quite minimal as i'm not an overly fussing person and i'm not really one to reapply my makeup throughout the day. So when it comes to my desk beauty essentials, again I keep it really minimal with the products that I store on my desk at work and they are only products that I genuinely use, as I hate unwanted clutter especially as my desk is quite hard to keep tidy at work anyway.

When it comes to my job, i'm usually crazy busy from sorting through all of the clothing samples within the office and general admin duties, and because of this my hands really can suffer from some dryness from time to time. I'm not a usual hand cream kind of girl but i've really been converted and my current favourite hand cream is the Gallinee La Culture Hand Cream* (£12). I've been testing a few products from this brand and i'll go into more detail in another post about what this brand is all about, but i've been loving this hand cream so much. It has a lovely creamy, yet thick consistency that absorbs so quickly in comparison to other hand creams i've used previously, and this doesn't leave my hands feeling oily or greasy. I also really like the scent of this hand cream as its quite natural, as i'm not a huge fan of artificial floral scented hand creams.

Another nourishing product that I keep a fair few of on my desk is a lip balm of some sort. I usually just keep cheap ones on my desk, as I can't be bothered to transport my Nuxe one backwards and forwards from work but saying that I really like the Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm (£1.65) as it's really gentle on the lips and does the job of keeping my lips nourished throughout the day. I also keep a pot of Vaseline Pocket Size (£1.95) in my drawer as a back up option, as you can't go wrong with a tub of Vaseline.

Lastly onto the makeup products that I keep on my desk, and as I previously mentioned i'm not the kind of girl to really care to reapply my makeup throughout my day, other than lipstick of course. Having said that, I do like to keep a couple of products just in case I am in need of a touch up especially if a spot decides to pop up in the middle of the day, or if my skin is feeling a little oily. The concealer I like to keep at work in the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49) as it's one I don't use for my daily makeup but it's great at covering up any blemishes throughout the day. I know you can probably relate, when you've got a blemish or one decides to appear out of nowhere and you just need to cover it up! I also keep the Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder (£3.99) at work just to powder over my skin if I need to, or if i'm going out for dinner after work as this has been a long time favourite of mine.

So those are the few products that I like to keep on my desk at work in order to get me through the day.

What products do you carry/keep when you're working?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.