Summer Dress Styling with JD Williams

July 25, 2016

This weekend just gone my good friend Emelia and I decided to go on a spontaneous spa weekend, as we've both been working so hard recently and we just wanted a little relaxation and destress time. I took the opportunity with having someone on hand to take some outfit pictures, as I rarely show the fashion side to me and i've really been enjoying styling up my outfits over these past few weeks!
When it comes to summer I love being able to play around more with my outfits, as I find summer dressing so much more fun in comparison to winter dressing. I really enjoy wearing floaty casual silhouettes and fun summery prints, as I feel so much more confident as it allows me to really show my personality through they way that I dress.

I was recently contacted by the lovely team at JD Williams to share my summer dress styling tips by styling up one of their beautiful dresses and sharing it with you guys! As I do want to incorporate more fashion/lifestyle aspects into this blog as I do actually work in fashion, I thought i'd do something a little out of my comfort zone and share with you all how I like to style up my summer outfits, whilst still keeping it fairly casual and true to my own style.

With the boho and off the shoulder styling being such a massive trend at the moment I decided to pick out this Off The Shoulder Boho Dress* (£14), as I really liked the beautiful floral boho monochrome print. I'm a big lover of wearing black and white, and then adding some sort of colour through my accessories so this dress was perfect for my personal style. I also really like the off the shoulder detail, as it allows you to feel a little more sexy and I find these shapes to be really flattering, especially if you're not one to expose your bust area like me. What is great about this dress is how floaty and loose fitting it is, as i'm not a huge wearer of figure hugging dresses as I find they can be so unflattering but this nips in quite nicely at the waist to give a bit of shape, but it also means that it can hide a multitude of sins!

I've been loving wearing these Pretty Little Thing Lace Up Heels (£25) recently, as they are so comfortable to wear but I also love the lace up detailing to them. I find that they ultimately dress up any outfit and I can wear them for so many different occasions, which is great as i'm always about versatility. Sticking with the boho styling of the dress, I decided to team it with my H&M Tassle Handbag (£24.99), which i've had for a couple of years now and is still in amazing condition! It holds everything that I need on a daily basis and it also looks super cute!

If you're on the look for some beautiful summer dresses, then i'd highly recommend checking out JD Williams as they have a lovely range of dresses for many different styles and body shapes, and not to forget they are super affordable!

What is your favourite summer fashion piece?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.