The Body Shop Skincare Haul

September 21, 2016

For a little while now my skincare routine was just becoming a little boring and for quite sometime i'd been needing to stock up on some of my old favourites from The Body Shop, so when a cheeky discount code popped up in my emails a few weeks ago I just had to place an order. I thought i'd share with you guys the bits I picked up and give some first impressions if you're wanting to try out these products.
It's been quite a while since I purchased any new bits from The Body Shop, so much so that their packaging has completely changed and I absolutely love the more sleek and minimal style to their packaging, as the previous packaging was looking a little dated. Initially when I was browsing the website, I was a little sad to see that some of my favourites have been discontinued or replaced but I also found some great products to try!

I knew that I was in need of a couple of new cleansers and my skin always get's on well with all of those that I have tried from The Body Shop. As I really like their Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£11) and mine was running low, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get another one as this has got to be my favourite oil based cleanser. It breaks down all makeup including really hard to remove waterproof makeup and leaves my skin feeling so cleansed but not stripped as this is so gentle on my skin and I find it also helps to keep my skins dryness at rest for the most part. Another cleanser that I picked up was the Aloe Calming Cream Cleanser (£10), as the aloe range is aimed at skin that can often be irritated or is just sensitive, which mine can be. I really like this cleanser so far as it is so gentle on my skin and the creamy formula helps to leave my skin feeling so soft!

Moving onto the moisturisers that I picked up, as all of my moisturisers have ran out all around the same time but none had impressed me enough to repurchase, so I thought i'd try out some new ones. As i've gotten on well previously with a few products from the vitamin e range, I decided to try out the Vitamin E Moisture Cream (£12) as I love the sorbet version of this and I wanted to see how i'd get on with the moisturiser. I've been using this both morning and night, and so far i'm really pleased. It gives my skin such a lovely boost of moisture and my skin has been looking a lot more hydrated and radiant as of late, rather than it's very dull self.

As i'd already added the aloe cleanser to my basket I thought i'd see what the Aloe Soothing Day Cream (£12) was like, as I loved a discontinued aloe serum that I purchased a few years back as it helped to sooth my skin and I wanted to try more than one moisturiser. I've been using this in the morning alternating between the previous moisturiser and my skin has been the calmest it has been in such a long time. The consistency of this is quite light and kind of gel like in comparison to the vitamin e moisturiser and when I apply this it instantly makes my skin feel soothed and cool. If you're wanting a new moisturiser and like me you have sensitive skin, then i'd definitely recommend trying this out!

So those are the few bits that I picked up from The Body Shop recently, and so far i'm really loving these new products! Whilst I was typing up this post I noticed a lot of their skincare products have been reduced, so i'd definitely recommend ordering sooner rather than later!

What are your favourite products from The Body Shop?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.