Rimmel #InstaCollection Review

June 29, 2017

As most of you will know, Rimmel is one of my favourite high street makeup brands and i'm always so excited when they bring out their newest collections as I know I won't be disappointed. A couple of weeks back Rimmel released two collections, one of which I have been absolutely loving, so I thought i'd share my first impressions on the products so far!
Rimmels latest release comes the #InstaCollection which is a range of products that are tailored to get you prepped and selfie ready, which I think is the most amazing concept for a collection as i'm an absolute lover of a good selfie! 

The collection contains an amazing mix of products, most of which are tailored around contouring and highlighting, and also setting your base of which are probably my favourite products, as they make or break your makeup look in my opinion so I was so excited to try out this collection when it arrived!

Starting off with probably my favourite product from the collection, which is their Insta Duo Contour Stick* (£6.99) which is essentially a double ended stick that has a contour shade on one end, and a highlight shade on the other end. The contour end is absolutely amazing for cream contouring, and for me it blends so lovely and gives a really natural contour that you can build up if you want to. For the highlight end, I find this to be quite subtle so I use this in conjunction with another highlighter but if you like a subtle highlight then this is perfect. This product come in three different shades, and I use the 'medium' shade, because i've been fake tanning quite a bit recently and I find it suits my complexion really well!

Also within this collection they've brought out the Insta Conceal & Contour Palette* (£6.49) which contains three cream highlight and contour shades of which i've been mixing to get the right colour! For me i'm not a huge fan of cream concealers, but the cream contour is really nice and again gives a really subtle look. Also to go with that they have brought out the Insta Conceal & Correct Palette* (£6.49), which is a concealer palette that contains correcting colours of which i'm sure you've seen or heard of before as they were quite hyped about earlier on in the year. I typically only use these when i'm suffering with a bit of redness, but these are great for covering up any imperfections or uneven tones in the skin.

Moving onto the setting products within this collection, and i've always been a loyal stay matte powder gal I was intrigued to see whether the Insta Fix & Matte Powder* (£4.99) lived up to their holy grail powder. Essentially this is a pressed translucent powder designed to set the foundation in place and to cover up any shiny patches, and so far i'm loving this powder. It has been such a saviour in this hot weather, and is great for on the go touch ups! Also to go hand in hand is the Insta Fix & Go Spray* (£6.99) of which i've never used any products like this but have wanted to try one for so long. With the weather being as hot as it has been I have been relying heavily on this, and it's really helped to keep my makeup in place throughout the day, as it usually will disappear come the end of the day but using this before applying foundation, and then to set my makeup once i'm done has been a life saver! 

So that is everything from the new Rimmel #InstaCollection, of which I would highly recommend trying out as i've been majorly impressed with all of the products so far!

Have you tried any new bits from Rimmel recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.