What's On My Face: Minimal Glam Beauty Picks

January 19, 2016

Over the Christmas period, I dug out my dancing shoes and dusted them off in order to let my hair down as i'd been working so hard the past few months of last year that I neglected my social life big time and as a lot of my friends were back home from uni I just had to see them. With nights out, comes the glam makeup looks and I really mastered the minimal yet glam makeup look that I just needed to share with you.
When it comes to glam makeup, I usually don't go to over the top as you tend to get quite warm in bars and clubs, so to me it seems like a bit of a waste although I do of course still like to spruce myself up.

Starting with my base and I always opt for Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (£8.99), as this particular shade is a little darker than my natural skin tone so it blends quite well if i've tanned and the main reason I love this foundation is because of the dewy glow it gives to my skin. If you haven't used this foundation before then it does what the same suggests, it just gives your skin a boost and makes it appear a lot more awake and glowy than your usual complexion. For concealer I had been using the L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer (£8.49) but this actually ran out mid Christmas/New Year. I really like this concealer as it's quite light on the skin, but still covers blemishes fairly well but the best part is that it is designed to highlight at the same time, which works really well for me.

For contouring/bronzer i've really been loving The Collection #BlushAndGlow Palette (£4.99) as the bronzer shade is a lovely shade for when you want to build up a good yet natural contour. I have also been using the highlight shade within this palette at the end of my makeup routine to highlight the top of my cheeks bones and also my forehead. For a blusher with a more dewy glow i've been turning to the Milani 'Luminoso' Blush (£4.49) as it not only a lovely blush shade but it also had a lovely iridescent glow to it that is just beautiful!

Onto my eyes and i've really gotten back into using my Urban Decay Palettes, especially the Naked 3 Palette (£38), which i've been using non stop. I really like this palette as it is more a pink toned palette as apposed to all of the other neutral palettes that I own, so I've been enjoying switching it up a little bit. I've been using an array of different shades within this palette as they work so well together to create some beautiful eye looks. Onto eyeliner and of course i've been turning to my trusty The Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner (£2.99) to give my eyes a nice winged liner look and then coating my lashes with Benefit They're Real Mascara (£19.50) as I've fallen back in love with this! 

Finishing touches to my minimal yet glam makeup look of course include touching up my brows, which i've been using the Benefit Gimme Brow (£18.50) to comb through and to add some needed colour to my brows. Finally the lipstick i've been loving recently is the Charlotte Tilbury 'Love Liberty' Lipstick (£23), but I will be posting a review of this soon so I won't be saying too much about this now!

So those are all of the products that i've been using to achieve a minimal yet glam makeup look and the majority of this makeup look uses high street brands, so cheap and cheerful for all really (minus a few items).

What are your go to glam beauty products?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.