2015 Beauty Highlights

January 02, 2016

For the past couple of years i've always done a big round up of all of my favourite beauty products throughout the year, whereas for 2015 I wanted to strip it back and talk about the products that have really impressed me. I often feel that monthly favourites differ and change but there are always those products that I come back to, of which I am going to call my beauty highlights as I feel that these products have truly changed my beauty regime and I couldn't imagine not having these products within my life.
Throughout 2015 I definitely stripped my beauty spending back, only purchasing products I had a genuine interest in using rather than conforming to the hype of new releases and from this I learnt to love some truly wonderful products, whilst also saving a lot of money and discovering some absolute gems.

Starting with my makeup favourites of 2015 and it kind of goes without saying that the Urban Decay Naked Palette (£38) is my palette favourite of the year. Whilst I have overall loved experimenting more with my eyeshadow looks, using various different palettes but the one I have always come back to is this palette as it is the perfect nude palette for my taste especially. Another palette that I have loved ever since discovering it is The Collection #BlushAndGlow Palette (£4.99), which is the most affordable blush and highlight palette that i've ever owned and it is one of the best. The shades are so pigmented and are so beautiful to use that I rarely use any other palettes or blushers.

Another products from Collection that I finally got my hands on was The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£) that i'd wanted to try out for such a long time, but I was never able to get my hands on it and i'm so glad I finally did. This concealer is like no other and is definitely a product that is completely worth every bit of hype that it has gotten. Another budget friendly beauty discovery of the year has got to be Essence Cosmetics Longlasting Lipsticks (£2.30), which are the nicest lipsticks that i've probably ever owned. I especially love their nude shades and I find these lipsticks to be really pigmented but also buttery at the same time. Last of the makeup is another product that couldn't go unmissed, which is of course the Benefit They're Real Mascara (£19.50). When it comes to mascaras I love any of from Benefit but this one in particular i've really changed my tune about and this has just reminded me that I need to purchase another very soon!

Onto the non makeup beauty highlights of 2015 and this year only one skincare product has really blown me away, and this is the Origins Out of Trouble Mask (£22). Whenever I have even a small breakout on my face I will always turn to this mask as it helps to clear blemishes quicker than any products i've previously tried without drying out my skin. My fragrance favourite of 2015 was definitely Paco Rabanne Olympea Perfume* (£45.99) as it is all I have worn for a good 4/5 months and I honestly love this scent so much! The last product on my beauty highlights list is the Elegant Touch Totally Bare Oval Nails (£4.69) as these nails are probably the kindest false nails i've ever used. They last so well but they don't damage my natural nails as acrylics usually would and not to forget they are so much affordable than having acrylic nails.

You'll notice that the majority of these products are beauty, and whilst I have been loving a lot more products throughout the year including skincare, body, hair etc.. those products are ones I have mentioned time and time again, and aren't really anything new to talk about. I hope just like me, you also discovered some amazing beauty products that you'll carry throughout this next year!

What products did you love in 2015?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.