My Five Favourite Nail Varnishes

May 16, 2013

Today I thought i'd do a little post on my favourite nail varnishes as i've been meaning to do this post for a while and I thought today would be perfect for it as this marks my 100th blog post!!!
 Even though I love having my nails painted, I don't have my nails painted all that much because I can't wear nail varnish for work, so whenever i'm not working I take every opportunity to paint my nails! I always find that when I buy a new nail varnish i'll use it once or twice and then it won't get used for ages as I always go back to these five shades and kind of forget about all of the others.
 The first two of my five favourite shades are both pastel shades which I love, I even wear these in the winter just to mix it up a bit and I prefer to wear pastel shades to kind of show a more girly side of me.
The first shade is Revlon Charming which is a really nice pastel lilac colour which I picked up last summer and I have not regretted this purchase as this is my favourite nail varnish out of all the ones I own. I also love this nail varnish as I only need two coats and it lasts pretty well. 
The next shade is Rimmel 'Sweet as Sugar' which is a really pretty pastel light blue which I believe I picked up during a 3for2 offer and the shade just instantly caught my eye. Now sometimes light pastel blues can look white but this one doesn't at all and I love the shade a lot! I sometimes find this one can be a pain to apply but other times it's fine and it does last a good amount of time.
The next three shades are more darker shades compared to the two pastel shades previous and I wear these all year round as well, I don't really follow the wearing dark shades in the winter thing.
The next shade is Topshop Awol which is a really pretty cobalt blue shade which I reviewed here and this is another one of my favourite favourite shades and I have been wearing this shade so much recently. I will say the formula can be pretty crap and it does chip quite easily but I find if I use a good top coat it helps to make it last long. 
Next up in Rimmel Sky High which is a really pretty turquoise blue shade which I actually bought from Primark! I love this shade as it adds a nice pop of colour and I find turquoise is a really pretty nail colour in general. I also love the 60 Seconds range from Rimmel as they do dry super quick and also have a nice glossy shine finish to them.
The last shade is Essie Recessionista which was one of my first Essie shades and it's a really nice dark berry/maroon shade which is different from the blue/green/purple shades I normally wear on my nails but I find the colour so pretty. The formula of Essie polishes we all know isn't all that great as it does chip easily but again a good topcoat does help this.

So those are my five favourite nail varnishes! I hope you all enjoyed this post and I hope you're all well!

xx

Make sure to follow me on BlogLovin'

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. there all gorgeous <3 xoxo
    kirstennicctalksforbritian.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revlon 'Charming' looks delightful, I may have to buy this x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I really like the look of Topshop Awol, Very nice!

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for sure my fave Topshop shade, love it xx

      Delete
  4. That Topshop one is perfect, I love it! :)
    Simply-Abbi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful nail polishes, I love the Revlon one! xxx
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it so much, might have to buy another one soon! x

      Delete
  6. Topshop Awol looks like such a pretty colour! ♥

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWOL and Sky High are gorgeous! Not shades I'd usually go for, but I'll be on the lookout for them! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.