Liebster Award

January 19, 2013


I got nominated for a Liebster award by the lovely Stacey and I have got to be honest I didn't really know what it was, I have seen it on a few blogs before but I had never really read them but from a little research, I have to list 11 facts about myself then answer the questions that Stacey has asked me and I then nominate 9 other blogs who have 200 or less followers and give them 11 questions to answer, okay I think i've got it!

So here goes, 11 facts about myself: 
1. I have a phobia of peacocks, I cannot stand them. If I'm ever at a zoo I will get as far away as possible from them even if that means leaving!
2. I am an only child.
3. I have naturally ginger hair but I have been dyeing it brown for about three years.
4. I cannot save money, I am terrible whatever I try it doesn't work because I always seem to find something that I 'need'.
5. I love my sleep, I'm one of those people that can go to sleep anywhere and I have to get at least 8 hours sleep a night otherwise I cannot function the next day.
6. I love Italian food especially pasta, I could probably live off of it.
7. I have 7 piercings in my ears, 4 on my left including my tragus and 3 on my right including my helix. 
8. I am a geek when it comes to computers, I seem to know anything and everything when it comes to them.
9. People describe me as organised and hardworking but I strongly disagree, I am probably the most unorganised and least motivated person going.
10. I love going to gigs as music is the one thing that I truly appreciate and enjoy aside from my day to day life.
11. I want to one day travel the world, not the whole world but the places I have always wanted to visit such a Paris, Rome, Australia etc.

And here are the questions that Stacey has asked me:

1. What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without?
My phone, it has to come everywhere with me. People who know me know that I am constantly on my phone whether it be texting, tweeting or instagraming, I just love it!

2. Who is your favourite blogger?
This is a hard question I follow too many blogs to decide on one favourite, so I have narrowed it down to three: Jade from Dotty Dolly, Tilly from Tilly-Jane and Zoe from Zoella (check out there blogs if you haven't already).

3. What has been your best highstreet find?
My best high street find that I can think of is a brown tan bag from Topshop which was marked at full price £40 but when I got to the till it was £18. Bargain!

4. What is your favourite high end brand?
Now I don't know if this is makeup or clothing so I am going to do both. Makeup has got to be MAC, even though I do not own many MAC products they have been worth the money I have spent. Clothing is more of a tricky one as I honestly do not own any high end pieces, I am a high street girl and I always will be but if I could I would be decked out in Chanel head to toe!

5. Favourite season?
SUMMER!!! Because it is the warmest season, my birthday is during the summer and outfits just work a lot better in the summer as opposed to layering up in the winter.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island, and were only allowed three things what would they be? 
This is the question I always hate answering because I try to be clever and say things like 'my make up bag' which to me counts as one thing, but apparently it doesn't ha! Urmmm.. this is a hard question, but the three things I would probably have would be:
Waterproof black mascara
Camera
Suntan Lotion

7. What is your dream job?
To be the head buyer of a huge high street brand like Topshop or Urban Outfitters!

8. What quote do you live by?
'A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous' Coco Chanel

9. Favourite nail polish?
My Revlon nail polish in 'Charming' which is a light lilac shade, it's perfect for the summer!

10. Favourite brand of makeup brushes?
As I don't stick to one brand of brushes I can't really answer this question but I am dying to try out the Real Techniques range of brushes.

11. If you could go back 10 years time, what would you tell your younger self?
I would probably tell myself to not listen to all the people that used to tease me for having naturally ginger hair as nobody is going to care in the future, which they don't. I would also tell myself to not worry about what other people think because at the end of the day I am entitled to make my own decisions in life.

Phew, question time over! Thank you again to Stacey for nominating me, those questions really made me think, especially that last one.

Here are my nominations:
http://seeking--serendipity.blogspot.co.uk
http://alittlesoapbox.blogspot.co.uk
http://nataliasowls.blogspot.co.uk
http://doseofdainty3.blogspot.co.uk
http://breathebeautyfitness.blogspot.co.uk
http://emiliethehackett.blogspot.co.uk
http://thelunarlights.blogspot.co.uk
http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk
http://www.elisedopson.com

These are my questions to you:
1. What is your most repurchased beauty product?
2. What one beauty product could you not live without?
3. What is your favourite high street brand?
4. When and why did you start blogging?
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
6. What is your proudest achievement to date?
7. What is your favourite meal/dish? 
8. What beauty brand would you not recommend purchasing from?
9. What is your favourite TV program? 
10. Mac or Windows?
11. What is your best quality, in your opinion?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I love your blog sosososo much! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination, I've done this already :) Really nice of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovely :)
    Thank you for the nomination! My Liebster Award post has just gone up on my blog so check it out :) The questions that I've set for my nominations, I'd love for you to answer too (just pop them in my comments box or something) and I love reading people's answers :)
    N xoxo
    The Blonde Ethos(formerly Breathe Beauty + Fitness)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.