Getting that 'Summer Glow'

June 20, 2013

With yesterday being the hottest day of the year so far I was not prepared one bit with my chalk white legs, which it's safe to say I have neglected somewhat over the winter. Now the only way I can get some colour is to fake it as I have fair skin being naturally ginger which burns, peels and goes back white. So I thought i'd share my tips and tricks as to how I get my summer glow.
St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion 50ml - Boots (£6.86)  , Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion - Boots (£3.57)
I start off by preparing my skin as we all know you can't just whack on the fake tan and expect it to look flawless without a bit of attention to our skin before hand. This is where exfoliating comes into it as it is the most important thing to do when it comes to fake tanning. I use an exfoliating glove which I picked up from Primark last summer, which helps to remove any dry skin and leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth looking. I next give my legs a good shave using a standard cheapo razor to make sure my legs are silky smooth and hair free. At this point i'm normally ready to apply my fake tan, as I use a moisturising fake tan I don't need to moisturise my skin, I use the Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion and apply it like a normal moisturiser all over my body leaving it to soak in for around 15 minutes before getting dressed. As this is a gradual tanner I normally start to see results around 12 hours later, so I normally apply this at night time so when I wake up the next day it's developed giving me a nice even and non streak bronzed glow. As I tend not to apply this to my face I opt for the St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion which I apply to my face making sure to rub it in quickly and evenly as this does tend to dry quite fast but it leaves my face with a nice summer glow which is quite easy to remove at the end of the day as it's a wash off fake tan.

I hope you're all well and are enjoying some of this nice weather we are having seeing as our summer will be over before we know it here in the UK!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I love the body lotion, so good! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me! I love it, especially as it doesn't give a really disgusting smell! xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely might have to get some of this with my pale legs!
    Lovely Blog! xx

    http://nowisbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it comes in handy thats for sure! Thanks xx

      Delete
  3. i have that body lotion too, it is so good!<33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's in a lot of people fake tanning routine! xx

      Delete
  4. I have an exfoliating glove and it is so good, I use it all the time! xxx
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tend to use mine when it comes to tanning as it can irritate my skin if i use it too often xx

      Delete
  5. I always use the Dove Summer Glow but this Garner one sounds good!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Ambi xx

    Bombay Rose: UK MAC Lipstick Giveaway, click here to enter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes use that, but i find it goes streaky sometimes :/ xx

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.