Escentaul Cleansing Milk Trial

April 02, 2015

A month or so ago, an email popped up in my inbox asking me if I wanted to take part in a cleansing milk trial that Escentual were carrying out and of course I said yes, being the skincare freak that I am  i'm always looking to try out new products and I thought, why not?!
I'd seen a few of these skincare trials previously and I always wondered how to get on board, and how much fun they'd be, so I was really excited to see what this trial had to offer. Also being apart of the select 100 bloggers to be apart of this trial was pretty cool if you ask me!

As i'd not really used many cleansing milks before I was intrigued to try out some new products from brands i'd not really tried much from before, but with it being a trial we weren't allowed to know what product was which, only the brands that they came from. I completed the trial over the course of a week and finally the results from the trial are in!

Sample A - Guerlain Secret de Purete Cleansing Milk (£27.90)
This first sample was the one that definitely surprised me somewhat, and is the only one that i've actually finished the entire pot of. Firstly I noticed how gentle it was on the skin, but also how refreshing and moisturising it was. I definitely found thay my skin wasn't as dry and irritated after cleansing but it was also left feeling so fresh and clean, you know when you know a cleanser has done a good job - this is one of them.
48.8% - Would use this again, including me!

Sample B - Clarins Cleansing Milk (Normal Skin) (£17.15)
This second cleanser wasn't one of my favourites, mainly because of thr scent but also the green colour to it, it just reminded me of sun lotion and not in a good way. It did an okay job at removing makeup but I found that it wasn't amazing on eye makeup and I also found my skin felt somewhat irritated after cleansing with this. Maybe if I tried the dry skin version of this I might get on better with it.
35% - Would use again, me i'm not so sure.

Sample C - Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk (£28.50)
The third sample is one that I already own, so i've used this previously and I knew what product this was as soon as I smelt this. I love this cleanser, especially for a gentle cleanser as it is so good to the skin, especially sensitive skin. It also has a lovely fresh scent that also lesves your skin feeling refreshed and clean.
36.3% - Would use again, me included!

Sample D - Vichy Purete Thermale Soothing Cleansing Milk (Normal Skin) (£11.50)
This sample was another firm favourite of mine, mainky because it was slighlty thicker to the other cleansing milks on offer and I found it just helped to boost my skin moisture. It was also really soothing for my skin and I found it cooling the skin down when I used this, which felt lovely. Vichy is a brand i've not tried before but this has really impressed me, so I may have to browse their skincare in the future.
37.5% - Would use again, me definitely - might even purchase the full size!

Sample E - Eucerin DermatoClean Mild Cleansing Milk (£8.50)
This one actually really surprised me when I found out that it was by Eucerin, I just didn't expect it to have been by them but I really enjoyed this one and again this pot is almost empty. I found it to be really mild and so gentle on the skin, but it did such a good job - everything you'd want/need it to. It also didn't seem to have a scent, which I often prefer when it comes to skincare as you just know it will usually be really nice to your skin. Also it was the cheapest sample in this cleansing trial, which just goes to show that you don't have to break the bank.
38.8% - Would use again, me included!

Sample F - Nuxe Comforting Cleansing Milk with Rose Petals (£14.50)
This sample I did not like at all, I think I only used this for a few days and soon gave up on it. The first thing that got me was the consistency as it looked as if it had separated but it isn't your typical cleansing milk consistency. Next was the scent and usually rose scented products I can deal with but this literally smells like an old woman's perfume that is way past it's sell by date, if you catch my drift. I just couldn't get on with this one at all, which is a shame really as everyone else seemed to love this one!
50% - Would use again, but it's a no from me.

Sample G - La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Milk (£10.20)
This one is another I really enjoyed and I always seem to enjoy any products from La Roche Posay. This one was so gentle on the skin but again the consistency was that little bit thicker, which is why I think I enjoyed this one as much as I did. My skin felt so nourished after and so clean after using this, and I noticed that my skin wasn't irritated at all after cleansing with this. It removed makeup well and again, no scent so this was a winner for me!
60% - Would use again, and I can see why!


So those are the results of the Escentual Cleansing Milk Trial and my thoughts on the 7 samples that I was lucky enough to test out. Taking part in this was so fun and it definitely allowed me to discover some new products, whilst also figuring out what exactly i'd look for when it came to choosing a good cleansing milk.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've not tried any cleansing milks, some of these sound nice though :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried anything of that.. but your post is great!

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive not tried any cleansing milks before some of them sound really good! This has really helped me to narrow my choices down, it will be so much easier now to purchase a good and right cleansing milk for me! Thank you!


    www.ellie-victoria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte Morgan6 April 2015 at 10:31

    I hadn't really either, but they are great if you want a gentle cleanser xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte Morgan6 April 2015 at 10:31

    Aww thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte Morgan6 April 2015 at 10:31

    I hadn't either really but they are lovely if you're looking for a really gentle cleanser xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.