Christmas Party Makeup Look

December 17, 2015

With Christmas being just over a week away (crazy I know!) i'm sure just like myself, a lot of you are getting ready to celebrate Christmas with your fellow work colleagues, girlfriends, neighbours etc. and the biggest thing on my mind is not only my outfit but also my makeup! I thought it would be fun to show you the products i'm going to be using to get me Christmas party ready and hopefully it'll help give you some ideas also!
My works Christmas party is actually today, so I thought it was perfect timing really as I know the majority of Christmas parties are probably happening this weekend and i'm sure many of you girls out there are going to be planning your party look as I have been for a little while now and i'm so excited to get myself all dolled up!

First up on my getting ready regime is to of course top up my tan and get my skincare routine out of the way so I can get on with my base. As i'll of fake tanned i'll need to ensure that my face matches the rest of my body, so my foundation of choice is the Erborian BB Creme Nude (£15), which is one of my favourite foundations for when i've got a tan as it matches really well and the coverage is just lovely! Moving onto my concealers, and of course i'll be turning to my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£3.99) to brighten up my under eye area and to cover any blemishes. I'll also be using the L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer (£8.49) to further highlight and brighten my under eye and forehead as i've been loving this concealer again recently.

Whilst my base is setting usually i'll move onto my eye look and this year I want to go for something really fun and glittery! I've been loving my Urban Decay Naked Palette (£38) recently and i've been getting a lot of wear out of the shade 'half baked', applying this all over the lid and under the lower lash line as I love the amber undertone to this shade. I've then been going in with 'toasted' and applying this into the crease to add a little definition and then after blending all of that together, highlighting under my brow bone just to tie it all together! With the eyeshadow out of the way, moving onto my eyeliner and of course i'm going to be using my trusty Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner (£2.99) as it's a really deep black and it makes the perfect cat flick. 

Usually when it comes to getting dolled up I don't bother with eyelashes as the Benefit They're Real Mascara (£19.50) does an amazing job at lengthening my lashes but I think I might go all out and apply some false lashes this year. Threads have an amazing array of lashes, from natural looking lashes to fuller lashes that are so light and comfortable to wear. For my Christmas party I think i'll be opting for the Threads Red Cherri Eyelashes* (£9) as these are super voluminous and look amazing with a smokey eye look. Another product from Threads that i've been loving recently is the Threads Brow Pencil* (£15), which is amazing as it has a spooley on one end and a pencil on the other. The pencil shade is perfect for my brows and really helps to define them, whilst staying put all day. Threads is available exclusively to Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge store, so if you're wanting to try out any products from them make sure to check them out in store. I also then like to set my brows using my trusty Benefit Gimme Brow (£18.50), which you all know how much I love!

Moving onto the finishing touches to my Christmas party look and in order to give my face some warmth i've been using The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (£13) to contour. Applying this into the hollows of my check bones, along my temple and also blending into my neckline to ensure my face matches the colour of my body! When it comes to blusher i'm usually not too picky but i've been loving the Benefit Rockateur Blush (£23.50) as it also adds a lovely amount of highlight onto the cheekbones as well as a nice flush to the cheeks. Finishing off my makeup look with some colour to my lips and i've picked out two options as i'm not sure if i'll be going for a bright lip or a nude. For my brighter option i've chosen Nars Audacious 'Vera' Lipstick (£24), which is a lovely berry plum that is perfect for this time of year. For my nude option i've chosen the Essence 'Come Naturally' Lipstick (£2.30), which has a lovely mauve undertone that is just lovely!

So those are the products that i'll be using to get my party Christmas party ready tonight! I hope this may have given you some ideas for you Christmas party look and also some product recommendations!

What makeup look are you going for this party season?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.