January Favourites

February 01, 2016

I cannot actually comprehend the thought that January is already over for another year and although January has been a hectic month, a lot has been accomplished. I've started focusing more on myself, getting this blog back on track and my own happiness as i've slowly learnt that some people really don't care as much as they say they do. Anywho, I thought i'd kick off February with my first favourites post of the year as i've found some truly lovely products over the past month. 
Not only have I really gotten back into blogging this month but i've also gotten back into my love for beauty products with a little help from some lovely gifts I recieved at Christmas. I've also dug out some old products that i've really been enjoying all over again, but you sometimes I have to stop using products just to realise how good they are.

If you saw over Christmas, I went a little Lush mad and my Lush stash is probably as big as it has ever been! One of the products that i've really been enjoying is the Yuzu & Cocoa Shower Cream (£4.95), which is this bright yellow shower gel that smells of chocolate orange, and if you like chocolate orange as much as I do, them you'll love this! I've actually used up this mini bottle, so I need to see if I can get my hands on another bottle! Another amazing smelling product i've been loving is the Marc Jacobs Decadence Perfume (£49), which is just the cutest perfume i've ever owned, just look at that packaging! Although this scent is different to other Marc Jacobs scents that I own, I really like the musky yet sexy scent. 

A recent addition into my makeup brush collection is the Sephora 55 Pro Airbrush ($34), which my Mum ever so kindly brought me back from Singapore (see what else I picked up in my Sephora Haul). I'd heard some really lovely things about this brush and the shape isn't like any other buffing brush that I own. The tapered shape and long handle makes applying foundation an absolute dream as it just gives a flawless finish. Another product that has beem helping to give my face a flawless yet glowy finish is the L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer (£9.99), which i've owned for quite a while now and I never really got to grips with it until recently. I've been applying this to the highlight areas of my face before applying my foundation and this just makes my skin look and feel so much more awake and glowly! 

When it comes to mascara i'm not usually all that fussed as long as it works well for me. Having said that the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara* (£7.99) has really impressed me. This was kindly sent over from Beauty at Tesco and having tried the waterproof version previously I wondered if the non waterproof would work just as well and if i'm honest I prefer this formula. Although the wand shapes are exactly the same this one just performs a lot better in my opinion as it elongates the lashes without making them stiff like the waterproof version does. 

The last product in my favourites for January is the Bee Good Honey & Propolish Cream Cleanser* (£11.50), which I recieved in a goody bag whem attending a blogger event a few months back. As i've been on a spending ban i've been trying to use up products withim my stash and this cream cleasner has been an absolute delight. It's different to your typical cream cleasner as it breaks down makeup like an oil cleanser would but leaves your skin feeling so soft and cleansed as your typical hot cloth cleanser would. The only disadvantage of using up samples is that i'm falling in love with these products, which isn't going to be good for my bank balance!

So that is my first favourites post of the year and it feels good to be back doing a favourites post again!

What products have you been loving this past month?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.