Bedroom Details

October 23, 2013

As some of you may know I have recently moved house with my parents and even though my room is a constant working progress at the moment I really wanted to share with you guys how it's coming along so far. A few of you have asked me to do a room tour, which I do want to do when it's finished but that could be a long wait for all of us.
Bed Frame - Ikea (£105), Duvet - Ikea (£20 - not online), White Cushions - Primark, Floral Cushions - Dunelm
Shelving Unit - Ikea (£55), White Box - Ikea (£15), Floral Box - Ikea (£3 - not online)

Starting with my bed, which is the Ikea Leirvek Bed. I've had my eye on this bed for such a long time and I love that I finally have a double bed. As you can see I have a slight obsession for floral bedding, this duvet set is also from Ikea and I just love it! (I picked this up Sunday just gone, so i'd head down to your local Ikea if you're thinking of picking it up). As I wanted my bed to be really cosy i've got a bunch of cushions to do just that, some are floral and some are just simple as i'm going for a simple feel to my room. Next is my shelving unit, now I was going to have this next to my desk but my room turned out smaller to what I originally thought so it is now a storage area for my hair stuff as well as random bits and pieces. The storage boxes are also from Ikea and i'm glad I managed to get them to tie into the feel I want for my room.

Moving away from furniture - I've been burning my Yankee Candle so much recently, mainly to help me focus with uni work and surprisingly it has helped, whilst scenting the whole house ha! I've also got a bunch of conckers to keep the spiders away, sad but it works! Next is a little sneak peak into my makeup storage, but for now i'm just showing how I store my brushes. Now i'm sure i'm not the first to do this and I won't be the last but these candle pots from Ikea are so handy and look pretty at the same time! Last but not least is just a little look at my magazine collection, I do have more but they look pretty messy at the minute.

So that is just a few little details of my room. Hope you liked this kind of post as it's different from my usual beauty baffle. Also sorry for delay in posts, uni work is taking over my life and my car has broke down so i'm currently hunting for a new one. Life ay'!

What do you think of my room details?

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Looks like your room is coming on really well. I love your new bed :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the expedit shelves and the floral boxes , soo cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I love it, so handy to store little bits and bobs x

      Delete
  3. I have literally just ordered the Ikea Leirvek bed about 5 minutes ago, then I seen your blog post straight after haha!
    Would you say it's a sturdy, quality bed? Your room is very pretty, we have similar styles, lovely post as always:)! xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd! Very sturdy, yes. Thank you, glad you like it x

      Delete
  4. Your room looks lovely, gorgeous details x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that bedding but in white, which is exactly the same print as that floral box. I never knew they did a storage box the same as my bedding, and so affordable as well. Thank you :D I love all your little cute bedroom details. So adorable. x

    Lilie | mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get the other bedding but they only had kingsize :/ Thank you, glad you like them! x

      Delete
  6. Your room looks so lovely, I love your bed and bed sheets! I'm currently redecorating my room so I will hopefully do a bedroom post very soon :)

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Ooh i'll keep an eye out for that x

      Delete
  7. your bedroom is so tidy and minimal, I love it!

    xmrc.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, if you could see it right now it's far from tidy.. but thank you x

      Delete
  8. I love the look of your room, it's so pretty! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the room detail tour!! I've always wanted a floral bedding like this! I will eventually have to go to Ikea to pick one that I like!! Love the flower pot you keep your brushes in!! And this weekend when I go to Yankee Candles I need to smell it! It looks good!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so many compliments :) You seriously do, it's one of my favourite Yankee scents! x

      Delete
  10. I'm a new follower and what a great first post to read :) I love room tours!
    You room is SO tidy :) Very cute! I love all the florals :)
    Keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the theme to your room, it's very similar to mine and shares my love of Ikea (Yankee and Primark too!). I've recently been doing some blog posts showing my new flat which features a couple of the same things that you've got in this post if you wanted to take a look!
    Rebecca-Louise: Autumn Leaves - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, i've been reading them! I love how you've really made it your own and i did spy a few things that we both own x

      Delete
  12. Nice post! I have that rose box! So pretty! I love the bedding and the pot you have your brushes in too :)

    Love your blog :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.