Staying Organised Tips/ How I Stay Organised

January 12, 2015

Let me start off by saying that I am probably the least organised person there is, but when it comes to blogging I have to organise myself in some way just so i'm up to date with where i'm at and what I need to do. I thought i'd share some tips on how I try to keep myself organised and if you're struggling, then some of these may help.
As I blog on a daily basis (or try to at least), I find that organising myself really does benefit me as it allows me to get ahead of myself, whilst also giving my brain a bit of a break from thinking. Up until recently I didn't really organise myself all that much, i'd schedule a few posts here and there if/when i'd have a day off but a lot of the time i'd leave it until the day of to get a blog post up and photographs taken. There is nothing wrong with that, as I still do this occasionally, but I always found i'd worry that I hadn't got any written or how i'd find time to get another post up - worrying doesn't do me or anyone any good, so i've taken it upon myself to pretty much force myself to organise my time/blogging schedule and here is how I do it.

1. Lists and lots of them - This is such a clique thing amongst us bloggers, but I find lists to be so helpful when it comes to jotting down ideas for posts. Usually i'll sit down on a Sunday (or when I can) and just jot down all of the ideas i've had that week, and also scroll through my bloglovin' feed to see if I can spark any inspiration for posts. I find it be really helpful because I can then refer back to these lists, rather than having to rack my brain and it just saves a lot of time in the long run.

2. Plan ahead/schedule posts - Following on from the lists, I then usually expand and plan exactly what blog posts I want to get up that week and which days I want to post them on and this then allows me to get started with my schedule of when I can get them written and when I can get photographs taken. Also this is where scheduling posts comes in handy as it allows you to get ahead of yourself. If I have a free evening i'll attempt to get at least the writing side of the posts put together and then the following day i'll take advantage of the good light and get a batch of blog photos taken or vice versa, just use your time effectively.

3. Stationary - Us bloggers love a good bit of stationary don't we?! I sure do and it sounds really silly but stationary just makes me want to stay organised, especially if it's new and has a pretty design on the front. Some of favourite places to look for stationary are Paperchase, as they have so many pretty designs and I also love my Emma Bridgewater Notebook as it's great for jotting things down in, and it's the perfect size to take everywhere with me. 

4.  Computer files, keep it simple - This relates to my Macbook, which isn't the most organised may I say as i'm not one of those bloggers that has folders on folders of images, i'd just get confused so I keep it simple. I have one folder called 'Blog' and then within that folder I have another folder that for now is called 'A' (don't ask, I don't know obviously was having a PLL day) and then a bunch of misc. images. Within the 'A' folder, this is where all of images go after I import them through iPhoto, I then edit the pictures, save them, and then delete any unedited images - your images are in one place, easy to find and just simple as can be.

5. Declutter your space - I often find that if my desk area is a mess, then I cannot concentrate for the life of me, which then puts me off track and my organisation goes out the window. I find the best thing to do, before you even think about sitting down is to just clear out any crap that is going to distract you, whether that means throwing it on the floor then so be it. 

How do you stay organised? - Give me some tips!

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Love the tips and I agree with the stationary and I have my folders so organized for my blog but unfortunately that's it. Lovely post hun!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great advice :) I do love working from lists and I should start jotting down more of my ideas! Your blog is very pretty and you've got fab photos! What camera do you use?

    Emma xx

    alittlefreckle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I'm so awful at staying organised sometimes but lists are the best, I'm always writing some sort of list x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be nowhere without post scheduling. I definitely need to improve on my organisation skills over the next year x


    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great tips, and they all make such a difference!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte Greenhalgh12 January 2015 at 17:35

    Fab post, some really great tips! :)I completely agree with the stationary point as I have picked up some new notepads from Paperchase to start sorting my lists out for my blog and other bits and bobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the amazing tips defiantly earned something from this! http://jennifercooper99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really working on getting organised with my blog! I wanted to have more of a plan but haven't quite gotten into it yet. Lists are just the best for everything, not just blogging! :D
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julz' Obsessions12 January 2015 at 21:30

    I'm totally decluttering at the moment and already I feel the difference in my mind. I'm a huge fan of lists too they keep my head straight and focused.

    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:41

    Glad you like them :) I could probably organise them a little more, but it whats works for everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:42

    Thank you, glad you like them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:42

    Thank you! I just find it helps to look back on and just to give your brain that little extra thinking space. I use a Canon 1100D with the lens it came with xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:43

    I think lists are a blogger best friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:43

    Same, especially if i'm really busy with my personal life xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:43

    Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:44

    I've just ordered myself a diary so lets hope i can keep up with it! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:44

    you'll get there eventually, it's taken me almost two years! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Charlotte Morgan12 January 2015 at 21:45

    It sounds silly but a clear space just allows my brain to function so much better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love reading these types of posts :) I actually have my January and February posts planned out on my Google Calendar and so far it has been working! I would also recommend an app called Calenmob that works great for combining all your calendars on the go. I also like to keep all my edited blog pictures in a folder as well. I agree with you, having a decluttered space is definitely key for a productive working environment!


    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am the worst at organizing, I could use all the tips that I can get! I love stationary, but I seem to just buy it and never use it - maybe I need to get better at that...


    Sammy xo.


    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love this post & the tips here. I need to start being a bit more organised in the blog department! I can't wait for the lighter nights as I won't have to cram my outfit posts in to just the weekend!
    Rebecca xxx
    Queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.