It's Okay To Not Be Okay & How To Cheer Yourself Up

June 22, 2015

You've probably all noticed that not only my myself, but my blog also has kind of been all over the place for around a month or so. Lack of posts, lack of enthusiasm and just a general lack in happiness, so I thought today i'd take the opportunity to sit and address why i've not been okay, but also tips on how i'm dealing with it, and how you can too.
I'm not usually one to really talk that openly on my blog, just because I do like to keep certain elements private, especially if they are negative elements but something that I never expected to happen anytime soon happened. My boyfriend and I have gone our separate ways, it was mainly his decision, he wasn't happy anymore and there was nothing I could do to fix it. It was just too late for us and if i'm honest i'm completely and utterly gutted. He was my first real boyfriend and was my best friend for two years prior to our year and half relationship, so as you can probably imagine i've been a bit of a mess. I still can't really comprehend the whole thing because it just doesn't feel real, but it is real and i've now got to move on with my life, although i've lost what was my entire world.

Having said all of that, i'm okay, i'm doing okay. I've been throwing myself into work and just trying to stay as busy as I can but as everyone has told me, i've had my bad days. Just remembering all of the good times and all the promises we made each other, and how i'm never going to hold him again just breaks me. But i'm okay. We're okay, we're on somewhat friendly terms, which i'm actually quite glad about but I know it's going to take a lot of time to be happy without him.

Anyway enough about me, I feel like i've shared enough, a bit too much but getting it out of my system feels really good. I thought i'd also try to lend a helping hand, as i'm sure i'm not the only one going through a tough time and I thought i'd share some ways in which you can cheer yourself up as these have definitely worked really well for me.

Give yourself a good pamper - Run yourself a bubble bath, pop in a Lush bath bomb or two and give yourself a good old pamper. Give your nails a fresh lick of colour and whack on a face mask.

Take a break - If you can, get away for a few days. Book a last minute trip or visit friends/family who you haven't seen in a while. Getting some space is always the best method (one I wish i'd given a  go).

Surround yourself with people you love - Spending as much time with people who you know genuinely care about will just boost your mood. Whether it be family or friends, surrounding yourself with positive energy will always make you feel better.

Enjoy the things you love - Throw yourself into the things that make you happy. Whether it be going to gigs, blogging or going to the gym. Doing things that make you happy will automatically boost your mood.

Try not to dwell on things - I know, easier said than done but it's so true. The less you think about the negativity the more down you're going to feel. I'm not saying blocking things out is healthy, but constantly dwelling doesn't do anything for your health and mind either.

Don't be too hard on yourself - This is something i've learnt the hard way, but don't be too hard on yourself. When things don't work out in life don't go blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault, it's not healthy. 

So those are a few things that i've been doing recently to try and cheer myself up. Hopefully my blog will slowly get back on track, but it's going to a slow process as my job is also another reason for letting it slip over the past few months. I'm sure i'm not the only one who finds it difficult juggling a full time job and blogging on top of everything else that goes on in life but my blog and you wonderful readers really do keep me going, so thank you for sticking by me.

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This is such an inspiring post! I love a good pamper.

    Jenna // Beauty And The Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you're having a rubbish time at the min :( This post is so relateable, I really hope you take your own advice because the ideas really are good ones! Feel better soon lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time but your tips are great and so many people will be able to relate to what you are going through xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bad time, but taking a break is what I always find the most helpful! It really gives you a chance to assess what's going on and make good decisions. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the break up, it'll get better I promise. I'm going through something similar and these tips have given me the little boost I've needed.


    Keep smiling Charlotte! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and tips. I always find watching a few episodes of Friends makes me laugh...! Love your photos x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to dwell on things, but it’s easier said than done! Great tips though.


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.