Blogging Pet Peeves

June 25, 2016

For a while now i've wanted to do a post on the down sides to blogging, but when I think about it there aren't downsides as such, just aspects that often make blogging not as fun as it could be. I'd also come across a few bloggers doing a similar post, where they discussed the aspects of blogging that in all honesty peeved them off so I thought it would be fun to turn it into a bit of a light hearted post, that i'm sure a lot of bloggers will agree with.
For the most part I absolutely adore blogging and the lovely community of bloggers that we have, as I feel so lucky to be a part of it. Having said that, there are things and people that definitely spoil blogging for those who have a genuine passion or their individual love for blogging, but I also feel that the blogging community wouldn't be as strong as it is without a little bit of toughness sometimes. So here are a few things that I would class as my blogging pet peeves.

Drama - I had to have this as my number one pet peeve, as I hate nothing more than the amount of drama that I see on a daily basis on Twitter. I've briefly touched on this previously and as of late I feel that the amount of drama is a little bit ridiculous. I'm sure many of you are aware and I find it so sad to see certain individuals targeting people based on their own, may I mention valid opinion. I've come to the conclusion that it's better to just block out and unfollow any drama, as I find it instantly ruins the usual chirpy mood that i'm in.

Scheduling everything! - I know this is somewhat of a pure lazy thing, but having to schedule pretty much everything can be the most tedious of tasks! As I work full time, there isn't enough hours in the day for me to be constantly promoting blog posts, so relying on scheduling is my first port of call and don't me wrong it is a massive life saver, it's just boring as. 

Freebie hunters - Don't get me wrong, it's great that as bloggers we are able to get our hands on a few freebies here and there. But bloggers that have only just started blogging and expect freebies straight away, or those that post nothing but content on freebies definitely gets on my nerves a little. I try to keep my content and mixed as possible, by featuring products that I have purchased with my own hard money but on the flip side I completely understand when you're working with a brand to a deadline. 

Overhyped products - Back when I started blogging it was fun to try out new products, especially ones that were getting a lot of good reviews but after being in the game for a good 3 years now I have completely the opposite opinion. Don't get me wrong I love a well reviewed product but when all I see is the latest release plastered on every single blog, it can get a bit boring and uninspiring. Although I probably am being every so slightly hypocritical, as no doubt I post about overhyped products.

Pressure - The last thing that I think we all deal with is the pressure behind blogging. The pressure to create good content, and the pressure to also stick to a routine in order to grow your blog and as a blogger. 

So those are a few things that I would call my blogging pet peeves, the few things that often get me feeling a bit down about blogging from time to time.

What are your blogging pet peeves?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.