Recent Skincare Favourites #6

November 16, 2015

It's been a little while since I shared some recent skincare favourites and as I've been trying a fair few new skincare products recently as well as the weather changing, and my skin changing a lot with it I thought it was about time I updated what skincare products I'm loving as of late.
It's safe to say over the summer I really neglected my skincare routine that I'd stuck to for such a long while and it's safe to say my skin really suffered from it, which made me learn that my skin was more important than those few extra minutes in bed. After promising myself to never neglect my skincare routine again, I decided to strip it all down and to start a fresh with some new products, as i'd found my skin had gotten used to the products that I was using and they weren't really working for my skin anymore.

When it comes to skincare, Organic Surge are a brand that I really enjoy using because their products are so gentle on my skin but also do exactly what I need them to do. As my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish had sadly ran out, I thought i'd give the Organic Surge Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser* (£13.95) a go as i'd heard some really great things and it good to switch up your cleanser every now and then. This cleanser is quite similar to many hot cloth cleansers that i've tried in the past, quite creamy and thick but works a treat to remove your makeup whilst also giving your skin a really deep clean. What I love about the natural shea butter enriched formula is that it leaves my skin feeling really nourished with a lovely natural glow that makes my skin look really healthy.

A couple of other new products in my skincare routine come from the brand Salcura, who i'd never really heard all that much about before but I thought i'd give their products a go as they are aimed at more serious skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. Although I don't directly suffer from any skin conditions anymore, my skin can get really dry during the winter months and I wanted to see how their products worked for me. As i'm a big lover of serums the Bioskin DermaSerum* (£11.99) has been a lovely addition to my skincare regime as its an everyday serum that is designed to moisturise the skin and also soothe any dry areas on the face whilst being really gentle. In addition to the serum, i've also been loving their Bioskin DermaSpray* (£16.99) which is a lovely nourishment spray containing almond oil that helps to give the skin an instant nourishment fix for those who suffer with dry skin that can often become itchy. I don't really use it for those reasons, I tend to use this if i'm having a makeup free day or after i've taken my makeup off to give my skin a refreshing yet moisturising fix, especially if it starts to become quite dry. If you suffer from some more serious skin conditions or like me quite dry skin, i'd definitely recommend trying out Salcura's products especially as they are so easy to get hold of.

Finally onto the face mask that has been giving my skin life at the moment! For some reason my chin has been a little diva recently and it hasn't really acted up since suffering with acne when I was younger, so it was strange to have a sudden break out when I haven't for quite some time. I initially saw Lily Melrose using the Origins Out of Trouble Mask (£23) and after hearing all about it I decided that I needed it in my life, but it turned out I already owned it after buying a mask trio back at the beginning of the year! As my chin was acting up big time I needed a quick fix and this 10 minute mask does just that, with all of ingredients bonding together to fight away any unwanted blemishes and after using this three days in a row my skin has finally gone back to it normal self! 

So those are a few skincare products that I have been loving as of late and i'd highly recommend trying them out of you suffer from dry skin that can often have a sudden unwanted break out!

What skincare products are you loving at the moment?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.