Rimmel The Only One Matte Lipsticks Review

November 18, 2016

As i've mentioned many a time on this little space of the internet, Rimmel is one of my favourite drugstore makeup brands as the quality of their products is exceptional for such affordable prices in my opinion. A few weeks ago a really exciting package arrived that I honestly wasn't expecting and I wanted to share a new launch from Rimmel that not only I love but I know any lipstick lovers will also love.
If like me you love your lipsticks and you're always on the hunt for trying out new lipsticks then the Rimmel Only One Matte Lipsticks are the newest lipstick addition to the Rimmel family. I've been testing out a couple of the shades in the past few weeks and I wanted to share my first impressions with you all, and why I absolutely love these lipsticks at the moment.

As the name would suggest the Rimmel Only One Matte Lipsticks* (£4.99) are a matte finish lipstick but these lipsticks are designed to give high intense and full impact matte coverage whilst being moisturising and comfortable to wear throughout the day. What I love about these lipsticks is how lightweight they are on the lips but also how long lasting they are throughout the day. Typically I would apply this lipstick at around 8am when leaving for work, and usually it will still be in tact come finishing work at around 6pm. Having said that I do sometimes have to a quick touch up after eating/drinking but all in they last really well in comparison to some higher end lipsticks that i've tried. These lipsticks are available in nine different shades with a range of nudes, pinks, reds and more autumnal berry and purple shades so you'll definitely find a shade to suit your own taste and I actually like every single shade in the range. 

From left to right we have, Trend Setter which is probably my favourite shade from the entire shade range and is a beautiful nude shade and is the first brown based nude that I have liked. Next we have Salute which is a more pink nude shade and is also a really nice nude shade that i've been wearing a lot! Then we have High Flyer which is another pink nude shade but has a more pink tone to it and is one i'll definitely wear a lot in the summer. Next we have Call The Shots which is a beautiful coral pink shade that would look beautiful with a tan! Next is Take The Stage which is a classic yet bold red shade that is too die for. Then moving into the darker tones we have Look Who's Talking which is a dark brown toned nude but is a shade I would definitely rock but I just need to get the balls to do so.  Next up is The Matte Factor and this is a beautiful wintery red shade and I absolutely love this shade! Then finally we have Run The Show which a true purple shade and reminds me so much of MAC Up The Amp. There is another shade called Leader of Pink which is a beautiful true pink shade but i've misplaced it and couldn't find it for the purposes of this post (good one Charlotte).

All in all i've been loving these lipsticks as the formula is an absolute dream to apply but it is so creamy when applied and it then dries into a lovely yet comfortable matte that isn't drying at all. I've been getting so much wear out of a fair few of these shades and i've not been this impressed by a drugstore lipstick for quite some time now! If you're on the hunt for a new matte lipstick then i'd highly recommend trying these out as they are just lovely in so many ways and I know you'll find a few shades to suit anyone.

Have you tried any of the new Rimmel lipsticks?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.