Favourite Discoveries of 2016

January 09, 2017

This past year product wise I definitely discovered some favourites of mine that i'll be carrying into 2017, and it only seemed right in my typical fashion to share a selection of my favourite products from the past year or so. I personally love reflecting back on the year through the products and items that i've loved, as it often reminds of products i've not used in a while and allows me to rediscover them moving into the new year.
During 2016 I definitely prided myself in stream lining the products within my collection, and having the biggest beauty clear out to begin the New Year has left me feeling a lot more happy and confident in the products i'm using. For me 2016 allowed me to discover some new brands that i've wanted to try for some time, but also allowed me to discover products that have become firm favourites and those I now rely on, on a daily basis.

Starting with a few fashion accessories, as I rarely share fashion favourites but i've discovered a few accessories that i've gotten a lot of wear and use out of these past few months of the year. Starting with my favourite Topshop Faux Fur Beanie Hat (£14) which I fell in love with back in October, and i've worn it to absolute death over the colder months. I love anything faux fur and I loved the mix of pink and pompom detailing to this hat, and it keeps me so warm on those cold frosty mornings. Another one of my favourite accessories of this year has been my Kate Spade Floating Floral Case* (£12.99), which I spotted in my local Home Sense store and just had to have it. I secretly love Kate Spade as I think her designs exude a lovely touch of elegance that I just love.

Moving onto a few beauty favourites of the year, which i've really streamlined and stripped back as I tried and loved many products this year but I wanted to focus on the products i've loved, and have/will continued to love. One of my favourite beauty products of this year has to be the ABH Gleam Glowkit (£39), which unfortunately has been discontinued but if you're lucky enough to own this then you will know how amazing this highlighter palette is. I love all four shades in this palette, and I get so much wear out of it as it's workable for any type of makeup look. Another product that I have loved and is definitely worth the price tag/hassle is the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits ($29), I have three shades of these and I adore every single one, but my favourite has to be Candy K as I tend to wear this the most. Although getting your hands on these is a bit of a pain, i'd definitely say they are worth the hassle but I also would recommend buying off Depop just ensure they are the real deal! Another lip product i've been loving is the NYX Intense Butter Gloss (£5.50) in the shade 'Tre Leches'. Having NYX finally come to the UK was definitely a highlight of my year, and i've loved trying a handful of their products and narrowing it down to one product was hard, but it's the one i've gotten the most wear out of. The consistency and formula of this gloss has completely changed my entire opinion of glosses, and this shade is the most beautiful nude gloss.

My favourite and most worn foundation of the year has to be Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (£7.99), which I absolutely love. From the formula to the longevity, it's everything I want from a foundation as it gives amazing coverage that lasts so well throughout the day. For a drugstore foundation i'm really impressed, and being on a spending ban for the majority of 2017 means I won't be breaking the bank when i'm in need of a new foundation. On the flip side, my favourite brow product of this year has been Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil (£18.50) and when this runs out I may weep a little, although it is totally worth it's price tag. It gives such a precise finish to my brows that no other product ever had and it lasts so well throughout the day with no smudging. Last of the makeup products with the only product that has furthered a makeup skill, the dreaded winged liner. Ever since receiving the Lancome Grandoise Eyeliner* (£23) the way that I do my winged liner has changed for good thanks to it's amazing precise nib design and moveable wand that allows you to create all sorts of angles like no other product. Again, although this is a tad on the pricey side I absolutely have loved using this product, and is one i'll be loving for years to come!

Moving onto skincare and fragrance, and in 2016 I definitely gave less of a crap about sticking to a skincare routine as I always found that the overload of products on my skin was too much for my skin to handle on a daily basis. A firm favourite of mine for a few year has been the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish (£15.50) but I particularly loved their Rose & Cedrat formula, which unfortunately isn't available anymore but I find it to be so much more gentle on my skin in comparison to their classic formula, so heres hoping they bring it back in 2017. Last of the skincare has to be the &Other Stories Punk Bouquet Body Scrub (£10) which I discovered in 2015 I believe, but I fully fell head over heels for it during this year when I was self tanning during the summer. Their scrubs work so well to remove any dead skin and left over tan, but they are so gentle on the skin that they make exfoliating a dream. Finally for this years favourites is fragrance, and my favourite of this year has been Marc Jacobs Decadence Perfume (£48), which i've worn to death for a good proportion of this year and the sexy yet feminine fragrance is to die for.

What were your favourite discoveries of 2016?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.