Felt Tip Eyeliners - Soap&Glory vs Collection 2000

March 06, 2013

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a good week, only 2 days until the weekend yayyyy!

Yesterday I did another vote on what you wanted me to post today and not a lot of you commented and it came to a tie so I chose the one that I wanted to post the most and the one I thought you guys would appreciate the most as a lot of you have been asking me to review my felt tip eyeliners, even though I have only just bought the Collection 2000 eyeliner.

Just to explain I will be reviewing both the Soap&Glory and Collection 2000 felt tip eyeliners in full detail and then comparing them to see which one is overall better. Right let's get on with this!

Soap&Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner Pen

For those of you who have been loyal readers of my blog for a while you would have seen that I purchased this eyeliner a while ago and featured it in my Boots haul here and immediately a bunch of you asked me to review this so here goes!

This eyeliner is the first product from Soap&Glory's makeup range that I have tried out and I have to say I love it! I don't know why but I don't tend to get on with liquid eyeliners so I thought a felt tip liner may work a little better for me and safe to say it is so much easier for me to use. It glides on really nicely and as long as I don't apply too much pressure it doesn't stagger the line. It's quite pigmented but I do have to go over it a few times to get a nice full coverage but all people are different when it comes to applying eyeliner. It lasts really long throughout the day but towards the end of the day after wearing it for 8 or more hours it does start to transfer slightly onto the top of my eyelid but a simple blend with my finger and it disappears. It doesn't smudge and it dries pretty much instantly after it is applied.

So overall thumbs up for this eyeliner!

Collection 2000 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
Collection 2000 24 Hour Felt Tip Eyeliner (£2.99) - Boots
Now even though I only purchased this last week, I can tell pretty much straight away with various makeup items whether I like them or not and can give an opinion on them the moment I first use them.

I have used/owned various Collection 2000 products for quite a long time now as it is my go to affordable brand with products normally priced no higher than £5ish. Now luckily I got this eyeliner free with a mascara as Boots and I'm sure Superdrug have an offer on at the moment where, when you spend £4.99 or more you get this eyeliner free, pretty good in my books.
I first used the eyeliner on Monday morning as I was quite excited to see whether it was any good and I was pleasantly surprised. It glides on so nicely and doesn't jagger at all (I think i've mastered the right amount of pressure to use when applying eyeliners) leaving a smooth and very pigmented line across the eyelid which I only went over once or twice just to make sure the line was all filled in. Now this eyeliner is said to last for 24 hours, I myself wouldn't need or want an eyeliner to last that long but it gives the impression that it is long lasting, which it is. It doesn't transfer onto the top of my eyelid and stays put pretty much all day. It doesn't smudge at all and dries pretty much instantly after application.

Comparison

Looking at both of these eyeliners they are identical apart from of course the branding on the packaging. They are exactly the same dimensions and the nibs are the same length and thickness (getting quite technical here, but I didn't get my tape measure out!).


Now, I was going to take pictures of the eyeliners on my eyes but my camera battery ran out just before so unfortunately I was unable to show you what each one looked like when used correctly.

Looking at the swatches on my arm you can really see how similar these products are. The thickness of the lines and how pigmented they both are after one application each to my arm, it does make me start to think whether they are made by the same company.. it wouldn't surprise me seeing as a lot of high street brands are made by the same companies.

Overall I can't really say which one is better in the sense of product performance as they perform pretty much exactly the same. The only way I can say which one is better is in the sense of pricing with the Soap&Glory priced at £6 and the Collection 2000 priced at £2.99 it's quite clear which one has better value for your money.

I hope you guys liked this post and let me know if you would like to see more 'vs' posts in the future!

xx

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. So glad you did this post! I was thinking about buying the Soap and Glory one but now I think I'll have to go to the Collection one! The MUA one is so good and it's so cheap too! x

    maddiestevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, means a lot! Yes, I don't have the MUA one but i've heard some good things! x

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to get the collection 2000 one :D <3
    Great post :D
    Really enjoyed your reviews on them!! <3
    Love
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Collection one from time to time, I love it! It's so precise:)! good post, I am yet to try the Soap and Glory makeup, it all looks pretty good! xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! I know I have to walk away as i wanna try so much from their makeup range! x

      Delete
  4. Fab post! I usually use a maybelline felt tip liner but these ones look great especially with the collection 2000 one being such a good price!

    Justine xx
    www.fashionmixbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some good things about the Maybelline one. I think a lot of felt tip eyeliners are quite similar! x

      Delete
  5. Lovely review! I've got the collection 2000 one :)


    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com (Check out out International MUA and Soap and Glory Giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed imagining you with a tape measure against the nibs! This was such a helpful post as I need a new liquid eyeliner. I'm definitely considering getting the Collection 2000 one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well I'm glad you found it amusing! Good i'm glad xx

      Delete
  7. So happy you did this review! I'm definitely going to try the Collection one, thanks lovely!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I reviewed the Collection 2000 eyeliner on my blog as well and I completely love it. It's my go-to eyeliner as it dries really quickly and is long lasting. Great value for money

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good eyeliner isn't it, great value for money! xx

      Delete
  9. They are very very black xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both look super pigmented, i think that I may try the collection 2000 one! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are which is always a good thing! xx

      Delete
  11. I have both of these :)) they're both brilliant I reckon xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this review, they both sound amazing! Definitely going to buy the Collection 2000 one and probably a few other sneaky purchases too!xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I love blog posts like this Charlotte! Especially as I use the Supercat liner RELIGIOUSLY but as it was bought as a gift I was unsure as I wanted to fork out when I knew there were cheaper ones around. Might have to give the Collection one a whirl now so thanks :D
    Kerry | Kerralina x
    P.S. I'm having a giveaway if you wanted to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kerry, I love seeing comments like this! xx

      Delete
  14. I love this review I've been thinking of buying the S&G one but I wanted to compare it to a collection one and finally i've found a review on it! I think i prefer the collection one! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, i read your mind ;) Good i'm glad you found this review helpful! xx

      Delete
  15. I love the Collection 2000 eyeliner, I use it pretty much everyday but I never hear many people talk about it, I was going to try the S&G but they look so similar that I may as well stick to the cheaper option! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felt-tipped eyeliners are my favourite! Love Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eyeliner Pen, but both of these look fantastic too! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.