Spring Beauty Picks

April 03, 2017

As the warmer weather is slowly starting to appear it's already got me excited to stop wearing my thick wooly jumpers and to get my sandal collection back out. With that comes me switching up my makeup a little bit, going for more spring tones and lighter bases, so I thought i'd share a few products that i'll be continuing to use whilst also pulling out some unloved products!
When it comes to spring beauty I typically stick to my usual everyday look, but I start to switch things up with the tones that I pick and I also like to opt for more of a natural yet dewy look, whereas in the winter I opt for a more heavier base and less peachy pink tones.

I've been loving trying out a fair few new foundations over the past six months or so and a brand i've been enjoying a lot from is Lancome. They were a brand I hadn't tried an awful lot from and my love for them has really grown recently! For a lighter base i've been mixing the Lancome La Base Pro Hydra Glow Primer* (£28.50) which is a lovely hydrating yet glowy primer, with the Lancome Tient Idole Ultrawear Foundation* (£31.50). I've been loving using these two products at the moment, because the primer makes a lovely base and gives a youthful healthy glow underneath what is a really lovely medium coverage foundation, but it feels so light on the skin. I also find that this foundation lasts so well throughout the day and the primer really stops it from drying into my skin, which i've been looking for in a product for a long time.

When it comes to powders one product that I love to pull out every spring and summer is the Bourjois  Java Rice Powder (£9.99) because it has such a beautiful consistency and gives the skin a lovely glow, whilst also keeping the shine at bay throughout the day. Another powder product that gets a lot of love from me throughout the year is the Benefit Rockatuer Blush (£24.50), which is probably the most beautiful blush that ever owned. The rose gold tone to it gives a lovely pop, whilst also giving a light highlight that looks beautiful! 

For lipsticks, although i'll still be loving my nudes throughout the summer I do like to pull out some spring pink tones! Whilst having a little clear out I rediscovered one of my most loved MAC Lipstick (£16.50) in the shade 'Lovelorn' which is a beautiful light pink shade that I wore to absolute death last spring, and it's one i'll definitely be reaching for in the next few months. Another shade that i've recently added to my collection is 'Faux', which is a classic nude pink but for me it's definitely one that i'll be opting for more in the summer with it's cremesheen finish as I tend to use less matte formulas.

Lastly i've picked out a nail varnish that i've been wearing to death recently! I picked this in desperation when I was in Australia and ever since i've absolutely loved it! This is the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Forever Strong Nail Varnish (£4.49), which has a lovely finish and lasts so well, with very little chips or wear!


What products will you be taking into Spring?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.