OOTD - The Spring Coat

March 23, 2015

As i'm writing this post, the sun is literally beaming through my window and it's so warm outside, which means Spring is on it's way. Now with living in the UK, our springs are still quite mild and this means you tend to need a coat still but one that is maybe more lightweight and i've recently found the perfect coat to add into my spring wardrobe.
As always, I usually stick to the monochrome feel during the spring but I also like to introduce subtle colours into the mix as I do love a bit of pastel colours, especially minty blues and greens. When it came to picking out a spring coat, I wanted a colour that was going to keep me cool but still warm, as black coats and jackets just aren't going to work when it's warm but I wanted a coat that would still work well with many different outfits.

I recently was browsing the Showpo website and came across this lovely Boston Grey Coat* ($50), which reminded of the duster coat trend that we've seen a lot of over the past year and I just knew that it would fit into my spring wardrobe really well. I love the design of this coat, and the fact it has no collar just brings something different. As I mentioned wanting a lightweight coat, this is exactly what I was looking for as it is light enough but also would work layered over a cosy knit if the weather were to be cold.

I've paired the coat with my current favourite Topshop Stripe Funnel Neck Crop (£30), which I picked up around Christmas time in a bigger size so that it wasn't as cropped but i've only really just started wearing it. I really like the roll neck trend but I have to be careful not give myself a double chin, but this top is lovely and so comfy especially for work and pairing with my Topshop Ripped Leigh Acid Wash Jeans (£38), which I picked up in the sales at Christmas also. They too are so comfy and the rips are just so on trend for right now.

Are you thinking about your Spring wardrobe yet?

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. The coat is beautiful! I have a very similar Lilac one which I love; I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a little more so I can start wearing it again!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is so gorgeous! I have a lovely bright orange duster coat but it's not quite warm enough for that yet, I'd love some a bit heavier in a pastel hue to keep me going until the temperatures rise x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coat!! It is definitely perfect for spring!

    Little Beauty Blog

    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that coat looks so amazing - the colour is gorgeous ! x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. This coat is dreamy! I love the colour, style, fit - everything! :)
    www.stylesunrise.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a pretty coat and a gorgeous color. I love the spring weather but where I'm living it's actually becoming more summer now so it's a tad hotter. I'm sure you'll get use to your coat.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing is more spring like than a good pastel, and this is just perfection in coat form!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a black/grey/white kind of girl, I'm so bad with colour! But I'm loving the pastel trend so much too, especially this coat, may have to invest in one myself! x


    ellie etc | a fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:34

    I have one in lilac too from Primark, which would also work lovely for spring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:35

    It's lovely isn't it! I picked up a duster the other day, but yes too cold at the moment to wear it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:35

    Haha, it's nice isn't it?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:35

    Oh I'm jealous, it's chucking it down with rain where I am xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:36

    Couldn't agree more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlotte Morgan26 March 2015 at 13:36

    I'm not a huge fan of colour either, just looks weird when I wear it as I never wear colour haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I'm exactly the same. My friends are all so shocked if I do, always having comments like 'isn't that a bit bright for you?!' xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.