Spectrum Brushes 10-Piece Set Review

September 26, 2016

Over the past few weeks i've seen a lot of hype surrounding Spectrum Brushes especially across social media, as the brand seems to be blowing up and becoming a lot more well known and recognised for their amazing mermaid-esque designs that are to die for! I've recently been putting one of their sets through it's paces and I couldn't not join in and add to the current hype surrounding these brushes!
Spectrum is a brand I was introduced a few years ago at The Clothes Show, and I remember the stand being absolutely packed with so many people trying to get their hands on their signature ombre style brushes that I didn't even get chance to purchase any brushes for myself. Ever since then i've always wanted to get my hands on some Spectrum brushes just to see what the hype was all about, so when the lovely team kindly sent me one of their sets to try, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity.

What instantly caught my eye with Spectrum's brush designs is how they are so different to any other brushes that i've seen or owned, as the majority of the brushes I own have either white or black bristles, whereas Spectrum brushes offer such a point of difference with their ombre style bristles that just brighten up my mood every time I use them and also my makeup brush collection.

The Spectrum 10-Piece Essential Set* (£39.99) is as the name suggests, it is the ultimate set for your everyday makeup brush needs as it contains every essential brush you would need and then some. This set contains a great mixture of brushes for the face and also the eyes, meaning that you can create a massive variety of looks whether it be an everyday face look or a bold smokey eye look, the possibilities are endless. So far i've been getting some great use out of all of these brushes and i'm really impressed with amazing quality of these brushes, with all of them being completely vegan and cruelty free, which is always a massive bonus and great to see so many brands taking animal rights seriously.

Moving onto the individual brushes within the collection, of which all have several uses making these brushes so versatile. The B01 Flat Top Buffer Brush is probably my favourite brush from this collection as it is the perfect sized buffing brush that buffs my foundation onto my skin like no other brush that I own. The A01 Larged Domed Powder Brush is again another perfect sized brush that I love to use for my setting powders and also if I want to bronze up my face quickly. Moving onto the A05 Small Angled Blush Brush which for me is the perfect contour and blush brush as the angled shape to it really gets into the hollows of my cheeks, and it's also lovely if you're applying a tiny amount of highlight. Moving onto the smaller brushes and another great one is the B03 Buffing Concealer Brush which i've been using for just that, buffing in my concealer.

Onto the eye brushes, which i've been putting through it's paces and the majority of these brushes kind of do all of the same jobs but it's great to have a good selection. The A06 Large Fluffy Shader Brush is amazing for applying all over the lid but also blending out your eye looks. The B06 Tall Tapered Blender Brush and the B04 Small Angled Blender Brush are great for blending into the crease and smoking out your eye looks, and generally just blending your eye look, making it look all tied together. The last of the smaller brushes all have an individual use, with the A17 Angled Brow Brush being my current go to for my brows as the brush shape has such a lovely yet precise angle to it. The A15 Lip Liner Brush is one I haven't gotten much use out of as I don't wear much lip liner but the shape of this brush is just right for getting a precise line around the lips, stopping your lipstick bleeding. The final brush in this collection is the A09 Angled Eyeliner Brush, which again I haven't gotten much use out of but if you're a gel liner kind of gal, then you'll love this brush.

Overall I am really impressed with this brush collection! It has all the brushes that you will ever need, and let's not forget how totally uh-mazing these brushes would look on your dressing table!

Have you tried out any Spectrum Brushes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.