3 Easy To Bake Halloween Cookies

October 26, 2016

With Halloween coming this weekend I wanted to put together a Halloween themed post as I have done every year that i've been blogging so far. Initially I wasn't too sure on what I wanted to do and I didn't want to repeat the same posts as the previous years, so after doing a little research I settled on baking some easy yet fun Halloween cookies and I thought i'd share with you what I did to create them, as they really were easy and (without toothing my own horn) they taste so good! 
Now it's no lie that i'm not the best of bakers, i'm well known for burning a lot of things as I suck at getting the timings right or I just completely forget that i've got something in the oven that I have to check on. I knew that I wanted to make some sort of cookies that weren't aesthetically complicated or that wouldn't be too difficult to make and i'm actually really pleased with how these turned out. So if like me you've got a free weekend and you fancy doing some baking then i've got you covered.

GIANT HALLOWEEN COOKIE CAKE
Starting with probably the star of this blog post and the most fun thing i've ever baked, as I had so much fun making this one! I got the idea and I mainly followed the recipe from Lil Luna as I absolutely love the large cookies from Millies and I thought it would be fun to make my own. Just to say, if you have an incredibly sweet tooth then you will love this!

INGREDIENTS
 Ready made cookie dough (I purchased mine from Tesco, in the chilled ready rolled pastry section).
 Ready made frosting.
Orange food colouring.
Reece's pieces/cups.
M&M's.
White chocolate.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven as instructed on your ready made cookie dough and line as a pan with baking paper.
2. Roll out your cookie dough into a large circle until it's around 2cm thick and cook in the oven, as instructed on your ready made cookie dough (I cooked mine for around 15 mins) until it is golden brown. Just to note, the cookie itself should be soft in the middle once it's cooked and not rock hard.
3. Allow the cookie to cool, and whilst it is cooling mix your ready made frosting with your orange food colouring.
4. Once the cookie is cooled apply the frosting to the cookie and spread out accordingly.
5. Then decorate the cookie using reeces pieces, M&M's and any other sweets you want.
6. Melt two bowls of white chocolate and mix one bowl with orange food colouring. Drizzle chocolate over the cookie and allow it to set!


HALLOWEEN SPRINKLE COOKIES 
Whilst researching recipes I came across the idea of creating cookies that you just throw a load of different decorations into the mixture and somewhat hope for the best. I came across a few recipes that were all somewhat similar, but I finally settled on this recipe from Deliciously Sprinkled and mainly followed this for measurements/timings but I did skip on a few of the ingredients, but i'd recommend following the measurements of that recipe.

INGREDIENTS
Plain flour.
Butter (I used butter designed for cakes).
Granulated sugar.
Salt.
Baking soda
Vanilla extract.
Two eggs.
Chocolate chips - diary milk and white chocolate.
Halloween sprinkles - (I got mine from Home Bargains).
Orange food colouring - (Which I used to colour the white chocolate chips)
Oreos.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to around 200 degrees and line baking tray(s) with baking paper.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Add eggs one at a time, and mix together until combined.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, then add all of the decorations (chocolate chips, crumbled oreos, sprinkles etc) and mix together.
6. Scoop cookie dough into ball shapes and flatten slightly.
7. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn the tray around and cook for another 5 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
8. As soon as the cookies have come out of the oven, add some left over chocolate chips/decorations to the top of the cookies and allow them to cool.


DRIZZLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Once I had made the giant cookie and the sprinkle cookies, I had an extra pack of the cookie dough left as I wasn't sure how much i'd need and rather than wasting it I thought i'd use up the last of the ingredients that I had left over! These were kind of a throw together and wing it kind of cookie and i'm really pleased with how they turned out!

INGREDIENTS
Ready made cookie dough.
White chocolate.
Orange food colouring.
Halloween sprinkles.

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven as instructed on your ready made cookie dough and line as a pan with baking paper.
2. Separate the ready made cookie dough into circles that are 2cm thick, and cook in the oven as instructed on the ready made cookie dough until they are golden brown.
3. Allow cookies to cool, and whilst they are cooling melt two bowls of white chocolate and mix one bowl with orange food colouring. 
4. Drizzle chocolate over the cookies and apply sprinkles onto the cookies, and allow them to set!
..........

So that is how I baked these three different types of Halloween themed cookies and as i've already mentioned, i'm really pleased with how they turned out! I hope that this inspires you to do some Halloween baking, and hopefully you don't spill a whole bottle of orange food colouring all over your kitchen floor like I did!

Have you done any Halloween baking?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.