My Current Makeup Bag Favourites

October 21, 2016

My daily makeup bag doesn't really change all the much but when I do get chance to try something new that impresses me it will make it's way into my daily makeup routine. I thought it would be a good opportunity to update on the products i'm currently loving, but to also show which products have remained staples in my daily makeup routine and have impressed me this far.
On a daily basis I do keep my makeup very minimal and simple, as I literally leave around 25 minutes to get ready in the morning and I save my more glammed up looks for special occasions. With that in mind I am very streamlined and I need products within my daily makeup routine that I know work quick but well, and all of these products allow me to create a pretty decent daily makeup look that takes no more than ten minutes.

Starting off with my current favourite foundation, of which I fully reviewed here and this is the Lancome Tient Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation* (£30). It gives such a lovely heavier coverage in comparison to my usual foundation of choice but it is so lightweight on the skin that you hardly know you're wearing any foundation. It covers everything you need it to and it leaves your skin looking flawless all day long. With this foundation I can also skip on using concealer, as it works really well to cover any redness or blemishes, which is great as I currently don't have any concealer!

Moving onto powder products and I don't really use a setting powder as I like the dewy finish but I do find using bronzer and blush helps to somewhat set my makeup in place. A bronzing product that I always go back to is the Freedom Pro Contour* (£3.50) which has two shades which comes in so handy as I can use both shades depending on if i've fake tanned or not. It gives such a lovely yet natural contour look and instantly adds some definition to my rather plump face! Another powder product that I have loved for a very long time is the Benefit Rockatuer Blush (£23.50). I just absolutely love this blush as the shade is so flattering and also adds a lovely amount of highlight, especially if I don't have time to highlight. Having said that if I am in the mood for a highlight, the NYX Liquid Illuminator (£7) has been a favourite of mine for quite some time as it's so different to my favourite powder highlighters and it blends out beautifully!

For brows my current and probably most favourite brow product ever has to be the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil (£18.50). Never have I found such a good brow product that makes my brows look the way they do and I would definitely recommend trying this out! Onto eyes and two new products in my daily makeup bag that i'm loving are the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Reloaded Mascara* (£4.99) and the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Reloaded Eyeliner* (£5.49). Both of these products together are an absolute dream and they make my eyes/lashes look amazing! A full review of these will be coming soon, so stay tuned for that!

The last product i've been absolutely loving is a liquid lipstick and the Kylie Matte Liquid Lip Kits ($29) have been my favourites as of late. My current favourite shade is Candy K as it is the perfect autumnal nude and really suits my skin tone, as a few people have kindly complimented. I just absolutely love the formula of these and although are a pain to get hold of, they are so worth it!

What are your current makeup bag favourites?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.