Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone

October 05, 2016

Over the past six months or so i've definitely grown a lot as a person and i'm beginning to identify where I want to go in life and the goals that I want to achieve in the next 5-10 years, but with that comes my comfort zone and stepping outside of that very box, and doing things that are unfamiliar. I thought i'd tie this in with an outfit post i've been sitting on for quite some time and openly discuss the ways that I have stepped out of my comfort zone recently, and how you could also.
For me my comfort zone is a pair of skinny jeans and a baggy jumper or top of some sort, and although I do enjoy dolling myself up for a night out or evening meal i'm not one for anything too sophisticated or figure hugging. Having said that over the past six months I found myself on a few occasions stepping out of my comfort zone fashion wise, where i've worn a crop top (which i'd never step foot out in) or a dress that I would usually feel utterly rubbish wearing but i've been pushing myself that little more ever since I joined the gym and have started begin feeling that little bit more confident with my body.

When this beautiful Keepsake White Shadow Dress* (£140) arrived I was absolutely in love with style of this dress from Keepsake as it is so different to any dress i've ever worn or owned but with that came the anxious feeling of stepping out and wearing something completely different or unknown. I've had these outfit shots sat waiting to go live for a little while now and i've been somewhat putting off posting them, mainly because this dress is so unlike what you'd usually see me in and the sophisticated side of me is one you rarely see, as I rarely ever feel sophisticated. Having said that styling up this dress was something I enjoyed so much, pairing it with my current favourite River Island Caged Heels (£40.50) and a trusty old H&M Clutch Bag. I loved the tuxedo wrap styling to this dress and the clean yet sophisticated elegance to it and I find pushing myself slowly to step out of my comfort zone every now and then is proving to be a positive thing!

Other ways in which i've found myself coming out of my comfort zone has mainly come through my full time job. I remember when I first started my job I was very timid and in a new environment full of new hurdles ready to be thrown my way. Whether it be answering the phone or making phone calls that i'd once relied upon my parents to make or speaking to strangers visiting the office in a professional manor, or presenting my work to a room full of once strangers, (something that used to absolutely petrify me) all of those things were once outside of my comfort zone. For me the best method is to throw yourself into things or to be thrown into things, because more often than not you will come out of it on the better side and will feel so relieved but thankful for those situations that have made you step out of your comfort zone.

How have you stepped out of your comfort zone recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.