Four Beauty Brands I've Fallen In Love With in 2016

October 10, 2016

It's been sometime since I shared some brand love on this little corner of the internet and i've seen a few posts recently with bloggers sharing some love on brands that they have discovered and loved so far during 2016. With the end of the year comes my all round yearly favourites where I round off my favourite product through the previous, but I thought today i'd share some insight to four of my favourite brands that have overly impressed me this year as no doubt some of these brands/products won't make it into that post, and this may introduce you to some new brands to try also!
When it comes down to the brands and beauty products that I use, I would definitely say that once I have discovered a brand and enjoyed a good handful of their products then I do stay very loyal to those brands. Having said that, being a beauty blogger I do love a very wide range of brands but I will always come back to those original brands, for example Rimmel is a brand i've loved since my early makeup wearing days and is still my favourite high street beauty brand to this day, but I very rarely ever share my thoughts on specific brands that I love. So that's exactly what i'm going to today and I hope this gives you an insight into some brands that you may have been intrigued about.

L'OREAL PARIS HAIR CARE
As you may know i'm a massive lover of all things hair care and I often share reviews, and my thoughts on the hair products that i'm trying out or loving. One brand that i've found myself trying a large selection of their products is L'oreal Paris, from shampoos and conditioners, to styling products and heat protectants L'oreal is a brand that I cannot fault as they have a product for every need and I always get the results I wanted, or usually even better. One of all time favourite products is the L'oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Shampoo (£3.50), which is the most nourishing shampoo i've ever used. It's great if you have dry or damaged hair as it instantly nourishes, detangles and leave your hair looking glossy and soft. I also love the L'oreal Paris Pro Styling range, as all of the products from the range work absolute wonders on my hair and make any hair look last so well that I honestly cannot fault it. I recently styled up three hair looks using the L'oreal Studio Pro range, so make sure you check that out here.

NYX COSMETICS
With NYX recently launching in the UK it was no surprise that they would be featured in this post as I absolutely love every product i've tried from them and no doubt i'll love anymore products that I try out. My favourite products are definitely the lip products, and i've now had the chance to try a fair few. My favourites definitely have to be the NYX Lip Lingerie Lipstick (£6.50) as they are such good dupes for the Kylie Lip Kits formula wise and I love the few nude shades that I have. (Check out my latest NYX Haul here). I also really like the NYX Intense Butter Glosses (£5.50) and the original NYX Butter Glosses (£5.50), as these products have converted me into being a gloss fan! Stepping away from the lip products now, and another product that I love is the NYX Liquid Illuminator (£7) as i've never tried a liquid highlighter before and this product has impressed me. It adds a lovely pop of highlight and the pink undertone works well when i'm both tanned and also pale. If you've not managed to get down to your local NYX stand i'd definitely recommend it, as I absolutely love all of the NYX products that I have tried.

COCOA BROWN TAN
A firm favourite thing of mine to do this year is self tanning, and i've been trying a fair few brands as of late and i've definitely narrowed down my favourites to around three brands, including Cocoa Brown! I'm not a fake tan snob at all as i'll try out any brand of any price tag, all of which definitely do the job of self tanning but for me it's the longevity of a tan that impresses me and thats where Cocoa Brown comes in! Over the past year or so i've tried out a fair few of their products and i've always been impressed with how quickly their tans take but also how long they last. A firm favourite of mine is the Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan Mousse (£7), as I prefer mousse tans over any other style of tan. I love using this for when i've forgotten to tan as I can quickly whack on a layer with no streaks, but if i've got more time i'll apply this before going to bed and then i'll wash it off the next morning. For me this tan lasts so well and I only find myself reapplying once a week in order to keep my tan topped up. I've also recently discovered the Cocoa Brown Self Tanning Wipes* (£4) which I prefer to use on my face, as they are the only tanning product i've come across that doesn't break my face out, so I would highly recommend trying those! In my opinion Cocoa Brown is so worth it because they are SO affordable, especially as their products perform just as good as some higher end tanning brands!

KYLIE COSMETICS
This last brand probably doesn't come a surprise to anyone and although I know everyone hypes up the Kylie Jenner products, I do definitely think they are worth it! After resisting for quite some time I finally broke and made an order, of which was somewhat painful as I got stung with the dreaded customs charge so I would definitely recommend purchasing off Depop if you're not bothered about receiving the official box/compliment slip. I have three of the Kylie Matte Liquid Lip Kit ($29) in the shades Posie K, Candy K and Koko K all of which I absolutely love and get so much wear out of. The formula is like no other lip product I had previously tried as the longevity of these is out of this world. I can apply one or two coats in the morning and no doubt they will still be in place come the end of the day. Having said that I know there are dupes out there, which i'm sure many of you will be happy with but if you are curious and are wanting to see what all the hype is about, then i'd highly recommend getting your hands on these.

So those are a few brands that I have overly loved this year and have impressed me with every product i've tried! 

What brands have you loved this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.