Fashion: Faux Fur Festive Styling

December 28, 2016

With the weather being as baltic as it has been these last few days after Christmas it only seemed right that I wrapped myself up in my one and only sale purchase of this year whilst I enjoyed a chilled boxing day walk with my dog. After all I was in need of burning off the embarrassing amount of calories I consumed on Christmas day, and I knew the fresh air would do me some good in ridding me of this cold i've been suffering with these past few days.
As we slowly count the days until the New Year rolls in, i'm mentally counting down the days until I go to Australia and with that i'm also mentally preparing myself for the painful spending ban that i'm forcing upon myself, and with that means no boxing day sales shopping. That being said, I still managed to treat myself to an item i've lusted over for quite some time, and also some Yankee Candles because a girl can never have too many candles apparently!

When it comes to my everyday style i'm definitely a jeans kinda' gal, as nine times out of ten I will be wearing a pair of jeans of some description of which I then style up with either a print, texture or through my accessories that I choose to pair with my outfit, but I also love to be comfortable. On Christmas Eve I found myself browsing my local Newlook store, as they had already gone into sale and even though I had vouched to myself that I wouldn't be spending any money, I wanted to see what jackets/coats they had as i've been in desperate need of something simple to just throw on but still keeping me warm at the same time. My Mum actually pulled out the jacket in question and I instantly fell in love with this Newlook Black Faux Fur Hooded Jacket (£22), as i'd actually been thinking that I needed something like this in my wardrobe a few days prior and it was like my prayers had been answered! I absolutely adore everything about this jacket, from the faux fur, the hood, the length, everything! It's exactly what I wanted, and it is the warmest jacket known to man as it feels like i'm wearing a hot water bottle!

I've also been getting a lot of wear out of my Topshop White Jamie Jeans (£45), mainly because they are the only jeans that still fit me comfortably after consuming large portions of food, and they sort of skim over any food babies! The only thing is that they are pain to keep clean, so wearing them on a dog walk wasn't my brightest moment I will admit, but I loved how they paired with the outfit. I also decided to pull out my favourite Newlook Striped Turtleneck Jumper (£19.99), which unfortunately appears to be sold out as it did go into sale, but I love this top to throw on as a quick and easy styling piece especially as stripes go with practically anything, and burgundy is a colour i've been diggin' big time recently! Moving onto accessories, and similarly to my outfit styling I keep my accessories quite minimal as I wear the same accessories day in day out. A few recent additions that i've been getting a lot of wear out of recently have been my Daniel Wellington Classic Black Reading Watch* (£139) as the black and rose gold detailing is just beautiful for any type of wearing occasion, and pairs so well with my Chlobo Rose Gold Hamsa Charm Bracelet* (£90). I've been getting so much wear out of these as of late as they add an elegant yet effortless touch of sophistication to any outfit. Finally to finish off the outfit were my trusty Newlook Suedette Boots (£29.99), which are an old purchase from last winter but have lasted me well ever since.

Time for a new watch? Don't miss out on the exclusive offer to get 15% off of all Daniel Wellington products with the code 'SPLURGING'. Make sure you're also following @DanielWellington for my styles and exclusive offers!

Did you pick up anything in the boxing day sales?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.