Getting Into The Festive Spirit

December 23, 2016

Now that the festive season is in full swing, i'm well and truly in the festive mood and ready for Christmas day to be here but having said that I do find the run up to Christmas often sluggish, and I completely get how getting into the festive spirit can be quiet hard. I thought i'd share some ways in which you can instantly lift your mood and give you that warm festive feeling that I just love at this time of year.
At this time of year that festive spirit definitely comes naturally to those who just love everything Christmas, so much so that they wear a Christmas jumper for every day of December but if you're like me the sluggish lug in the run up to Christmas can definitely get the better of me. Having said that this year my festive spirit has definitely been heightened by all of the Christmas content i've been putting together meaning i'm just loving anything Christmas related, and these are a few ways that i've really been enjoying the run up to Christmas this year!

Visit your local Christmas market - One of my favourite things to do at this time of year is to visit at least one or two Christmas markets, sip on some mulled cider and just generally enjoy browsing all that the market has to offer. I especially enjoy visiting the Birmingham German Market most years, but I also enjoy smaller Christmas markets or fayres, as you can find a lot more one off stalls and gifts that your loved ones are more likely to love and appreciate, and you can't not have a cheeky little ride on the carousel.

Decorating your Christmas tree/house - Every year I always love going Christmas tree picking and picking out the perfect tree. Theres definitely something about having a real Christmas tree as apposed to a fake one, each to their own but I personally love it! Following on from picking out the perfect tree, decorating it and the remainder of your home is the main thing that really brings out my festive spirit and i'm sure i'm not alone on this one. I always look forward to picking out a colour scheme for my tree and wrapping lights all around the stairs, and just making the house look all sparkly and festive. 

Baking some festive treats - One thing that I really want to do this year is to get on the festive baking hype, as I usually don't have much time in the run up to Christmas but there are so many easy to bake recipes nowadays that take very little time and effort! I've been pinning quite a few to my Pinterest but I also really enjoyed Zoella's Quick & Easy Festive Drinks video especially that peppermint white hot chocolate!

Wrapping Christmas presents - Similarly to decorating my Christmas tree, I love nothing more than picking out the most festive wrapping paper as I really pride myself in my Christmas wrapping, and adding cute personal touches to my gifts. My favourite place for finding cute wrapping paper and wrapping accessories has to be Paperchase as they always have quirky yet cute designs! I also love scouting around Pinterest for ideas and ways to get crafty with my wrapping to make it that little more personalised and individual! 

Painting your nails all festive - If you can't paint your nails every shade of glitter nail polish possible at Christmas, then when can you! I love painting my nails, and although i'm rubbish at nail art personally, painting my nails with that added touch of glitter instantly brightens my mood. I personally love all of the Essie and OPI glittery shades but there are so many out there to choose from!

How do you get into the festive spirit?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.