New Year Beauty Picks

December 26, 2016

To start off this post, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with your family, friends and loved one yesterday, stuffing yourselves silly and drinking all the wine possible. I wish I could say I did, but unfortunately i'm suffering with the dreaded Christmas cold but i'm hoping to be better come New Year. Speaking of New Year, it only seemed right that I started planning my outfit and makeup for the joyous evening, so I thought today i'd share some makeup picks for the New Year.
When it comes to New Year I like to put in that little extra bit of effort and sparkle, after it all we are celebrating the beginning of a New Year meaning new experiences, opportunities and for some new leases on life. So this New Year I thought i'd treat myself by using some new products to create a somewhat different look for me, as I tend to stick to my usual bronze eye and nude lip but this year I thought it was time to mix it up a bit and celebrate the New Year in style!

A brand that i've truly loved discovering more from this year has been Rimmel, and a recent addition to my palette collection is their Magnif'eyes 'London Nudes Calling' Eyeshadow Palette* (£7.99), which is a beautiful eight shadow palette with an array of plum and pinky shades that is totally different to any palette that I own and after using this on Christmas day i'm definitely going to be creating another eye look for the New Year! My favourite eyeliner of the year has been the Lancome Grandoise Liner* (£23) and is one I will be loving way into 2017! Ever since trying out this eyeliner it has completely changed how I apply my liner, and I can now say that I can perfect the winged liner look on the first attempt! As i'm no doubt going to be wearing falsies, having a winged liner just adds a lovely touch and also hides the god awful mess that I usually make with my false lashes! Speaking of falsies, my favourite discovery of the year has been mink lashes as they are so unlike your typical fake lashes. A favourite brand of mine has been Esqido and their Miss Dolly Lashes* ($35) are just beautiful! I wore these back when I was in Ibiza, and I got so many compliments on how natural yet long my lashes looked! Finally to finish off my eye look, i'll definitely be using my favourite mascara of the year, the Benefit Roller Lash (£19.50) as it works wonders on my lashes and I find when i'm wearing false lashes, adding a small amount of mascara to further lift them.

Whenever i'm doing a glam look, i'll always do my eyes first as no doubt I will ruin my foundation and as i've been switching up my choice of foundations quite a bit recently I haven't featured any in this post. For bronzer and blusher, a recent discovery and favourite of mine is the MeMeMe Shimmer Stacks* (£11.95). I've never tried any products like these before, even though a fair few brands have similar bronzer/blushers available. I love the idea of mixing different shades to create an individual shade that can suit any skin tone. I've been using both the 'Bronze' shade, which is the most beautiful bronzer that gives a beautiful radiant glow and natural contoured look. I've also been loving the shade 'Pink Zest', and if like me you like to add a small amount of blush then this is a perfect shade, and again adds a lovely luminous and radiant glow! If like me you love the highlighted look, to add even more highlight and radiance I like to opt for my long favourite Topshop Highlighter (£12), which has the most beautiful finish and has a lovely champagne glow to it!

Onto the finishing touches, which for me is lips and fragrance! This past year i've absolutely loved discovering more nude shades as I find they just suit my skin tone so much more than pinks and reds. As it's New Year i've picked two shades to choose from as I sometimes like to rock a more festive shade, as well as a trusty nude! A recent addition into my nude lipstick stash is the Rimmel Long Lasting Finish by Kate 15 Year Collection Lipstick* (£6.49) in the shade 'Boho Nude'. This shade is a beautiful browny nude, that I find suits my skin tone so well and I just love the formula of this lipstick as it's slightly creamy, and not drying at all. Alternative to the nude i've picked out my favourite Charlotte Tilbury 'Love Liberty' Lipstick (£23) that I bang on about quite a lot as I just love it, and it's the perfect berry red for those who don't suit a classic red. Finally we have fragrance, and although I recieved YSL Black Opium (£42.30) for Christmas and would no doubt be rocking that for weeks to come, i'm also still loving Marc Jacobs Decadence (£48). Both scents are beautiful and offer something different for perfect New Year scent!

What are your New Year makeup picks for this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.