If You Could Keep Only 10 Makeup Products

August 08, 2016

In the past few weeks i've seen a few fun posts all centered around your favourite makeup products, and if you had to choose to only keep ten makeup items, which would you choose and why?! Well I thought as something a little fun, i'd switch it up and jump on the bandwagon as you do and pick out the ten products, new and old that I could not give up!
When I first saw this style of post pop up, I thought 'how on earth can you choose just ten makeup products?' but I actually had a somewhat tough time picking ten. I really thought long and hard, and a lot of products such as foundations, bronzers and powders are products that i'm not overly fussed about and I don't have a favourite as such as I just use any really but it really got me thinking about the products i'd be lost without if I didn't have them in my makeup collection, so those are the products i'm going to be sharing with you guys today!

Starting with the only base product that i've pulled out, and this one is an oldie but such a goodie. This is of course The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19), which i've featured a fair amount of times on the blog but it is a product that I held back on trying and regretted in doing so because I use it everyday without fail. I was never into concealers prior to this product as I found they just didn't do anything to justify using them, and it just goes to show finding a product that works can change your entire opinion. Another product that did just that is the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil (£18.50), which I know is fairly new but is a product that has changed my brow routine forever. My brows have been something i've never been amazing at, but i've just gotten by and done my best. That was until this product came along, and it's precise nib applicator just makes my brows look an absolute dream. Also hand in hand with that comes the Benefit Ready Set Brow (£18.50), which sets my brows like a dream!

When it comes to blushers it's safe to say I now know that I love a baked blush with some sort of highlighter pigmentation mixed in and although I have a fair few in my collection i've really been gravitating towards the NYX Baked Blush (£6.50). What I love about this blush is that the colour works really well for when i'm both naturally pale and when i've faked tanned as it either warms up my complexion or it adds a nice natural flush that I just love! The highlight undertone also just makes the blush pop that little more, overall making your blush look amazing! Speaking of looking amazing, this next product is one that has completely changed the world of highlighting for me and it's true when they say you 'have not lived' until you try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit (£39). I thought i'd tried highlighters but you just wait until you swatch this, because it is on another level. I will be doing a full review of this, so i'll save my excitement for that post.

Moving onto the lashes/eyes and to be honest when it comes to eyeshadow I can actually live without it as my Naked palettes don't get as much love as they should unfortunately. One makeup product that I can't go without is a winged liner and a recent favourite of mine has been the Lancome Grandoise Liner* (£23). Although this is a recent addition, it is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used! I've already fully reviewed this so be sure to check out that post for more info. Another product I love using on my eyes, well lashes is the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (£19.50). This is product i've loved ever since it first came out but it took me a while to get round to buying the full size and i'm so glad to have it back in my life! It's on another level to the They're Real Mascara and it just works wonders to make your lashes look full and curled. Adding onto the mascara, another product that has changed my thoughts, this time of false lashes are the Esqido Mink Lashes* ($35). I'm not a huge falsies wearer but ever since trying out a few of their pairs, i'm hooked as they make my lashes look amazing and the Esqido Long Lasting Bond* ($10) just makes them last forever!

Lastly, I couldn't leave out any lip products and recently my taste in lip products has really shifted to the point where my once beloved MAC collection barely gets touched anymore and i'm all about the affordable but yet amazing quality lip products out there! A favourite of mine has to be the Newlook Pure Colour Matte Lipstick (£3.99), which probably the most comfortable matte lipstick i've ever owned. The pigmentation of these lipsticks are beautiful and they glide on so easily, giving a beautiful yet matte coverage that is to die for! Another lip favourite and is one I wear to death at the moment is the NYX Intense Butter Gloss (£5.50). I've never been a huge lover of lip glosses, but this product has completely converted me and it's kind of all I wear! I love the pigmentation to these glosses, and they are the creamiest yet least stickiest glosses i've ever tried and if like me you hate a sticky lipgloss then you'll love this one!

So those are ten beauty products that I could not live without!

Which ten beauty products would you keep if you had to choose?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.