What I Got For My Birthday

August 01, 2016

As most of you will know if you follow me on my social media platforms, this week just gone I celebrated my birthday! I turned the grand old age of 23, and I couldn't feel anymore like an oap if I tried haha! I thought it would be fun to share with you guys the few bits I got for my birthday, as I love seeing what people got for their birthdays and I thought you would too!
It's safe to say as you get older, birthdays definitely get a little more boring and generally just feel like another day but I made the most of my birthday this year. My Mum and I went for a lovely afternoon tea, which was lovely as we don't get to spend much quality time together and I then also celebrated with some of my closest friends and danced the night away. This year I really didn't expect much, but I got some really thoughtful presents that are just so me and i'm ever so grateful.

Firstly, I couldn't save the best till last and as I didn't really ask for anything I was so so so excited when I opened the Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam Glow Kit (£39) from my Dad and Step Mum. Being a beauty blogger i've always got an endless list of beauty products that I want to try, but I never thought i'd ever own a makeup product as beautiful as this highlight palette. I thought that I'd seen how beautiful highlighters can be, but this palette completely wipes any previous highlighter out of the way. 

From my lovely work colleagues I received the most beautiful M&S Rose Plant, which has taken pride and place in the kitchen window and I can't wait until it flowers up. They also very kindly gifted me some Topshop Nail Polishes (£6), as they know how much I love to paint my nails, so I can't wait to try out those shades. They also picked up a couple of jewellery pieces from Orelia, including the Wrap Around Summer Bracelet (£18) and Coin & Tassle Necklace (£11). I've been a huge lover of Orelia Jewellery for such a long time, so I was really excited to see they'd picked me out a couple of cute pieces and I can't wait to style them up! Finally from another work colleague Fran, she knows how much I love my Lush baths, so she picked me up a few bits in the Snow Fairy Scent as she knows how much I love it. The few products she picked up were the Cream Candy Bubblebar (£2.95), the Razzle Dazzle Bath Oil (£2) and the Melting Marshmellow Moment Bath Oil (£2). I've not tried any of these products so i'm really excited to have a lovely lushie bath to try all of these!

Lastly from my Mum and Stepdad, they kindly got me the Adidas Purple ZX Flux Verve Trainers (£75), which I had asked for as i've been wanting some new trainers for the gym for quite some time and i'd fallen in love with these! They are so lightweight and so comfortable, but they are also just really cute and I can't wait to rock these in the gym this week! They also gifted me with a new mug, as someone kindly stole my mug at work so they picked me out the Cursive Monogram Mug (£12) and I absolutely love it! 

So that is everything that I kindly received for my birthday! I was also gifted with money, gift cards and chocolates from other friends/family members as they all know i'm trying to save at the moment and I can't wait to put myself in a chocolate coma with these tasty Thorntons chocolates!

Have any of you celebrated your birthday recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.