Magazine Freebies - April 2013

March 07, 2013

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great week despite this awful weather that has appeared today but only one day until the weekend, ahh! 
I'm so glad you have all enjoyed my blog posts over the last couple of days, all of your comments have been super amazing and I appreciate how lovely and supportive you all are :)

Onto todays post, so I decided to pop into WHSmith on my lunch break on tuesday as I noticed that a few magazines have got some great freebies available at the moment and some are collectable so I picked up both Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire on Tuesday and when I went back today they had a Glamour with the freebie I wanted so I quickly grabbed it off the shelf and headed to the tills so I wasn't tempted! Anyway I thought I would show you guys what I got and to let you guys know what you can get your mits on if you wanted to and didn't already know.





 Cosmopolitan - Elemis 'Lovely Lips' Lip Balm: I was super excited to see that Cosmopolitan were offering a range of Elemis products in this months magazine, so I sifted through all the magazines to see which one I would want to try the most and me being a lover of lip balms I instantly picked up the 'Lovely Lips Lip Balm'. I have used it constantly since I got it and I love it! It leaves my lips feeling so nourished and has a gloss like effect to it whilst it slowly soaks into your lips!  The other products up for grabs in this months mag are: Daily Moisturiser and Matifying Moisturiser.

Marie Claire - Be Lovely Hand Cream: Now I have never heard of this brand but I love a good hand cream especially one that smells of bee honey and as this is a travel size one I thought it would be prefect to carry around with me. Again, I have been using this product since I picked it up in Marie Claire and it is amazing! It smells so nice with a mixture of honey/orange and it leaves my hands feeling so soft even with the smallest amount. As far as I know and could find out this is the only freebie up for grabs but it is still a really good freebie!

Glamour - Percy & Reed 'Volumising Oil': I was looking through the freebies up for grabs in this months Glamour and I only really liked the sound of the hair oil as I'm looking for a good hair oil seeing as my hair is getting more and more damaged as each day passes. Anyway like I said above I saw one issue with the hair oil which I made a b-line for across the store, literally! Now I haven't really had chance to use this but it is described as a no oil hair oil for fine hair which confuses me a little but never the less I'm really excited to try this out when I wash my hair later on tonight! The other products by Percy & Reed that are up for grabs are the Colour Shine Shampoo, Colour Shine Conditioner and Finishing Polish.

Have any of you picked up any of these freebies yet?

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I'm not sure when I will be posting next as I'm travelling back home tomorrow to surprise my mum for mothers day which is one Sunday (just to remind any of you who have forgot) but shhh don't tell her! 

...................................................................
P.S

Also I would love it if you could check out my friend Jess's instagram page here. She is currently trying to set up her own custom clothing business and at the moment is selling custom tie dye and cropped t-shirts in a range of different colours and sizes at really low prices (pictured above). I will be posting a little more on some of her custom clothing soon, as the loyal friend I am of course I'm going to purchase a few things off her.
If you are interested do give her a quick email at jessicamayirwin@gmail.com, she's super nice and will probably take custom orders depending on what it is! Thanks guys :)

xx


You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. I've got the no oil oil and its very good! I've definitely noticed a difference xo

    Student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! I used it last night after washing my hair and it left my hair feeling so so smooth! xx

      Delete
  2. I actually want to get all of these freebies, they all look great! Thank you for the post

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!

    I'll definitely be picking up Glamour to get that oil. I'm really keen to try it out

    Photo-Jenn-ic


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may do a little review on it, maybe xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh I was unaware of Cosmopolitan giving away the Elemis balm, great review! I will have to pick up that one tomorrow!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! You should definitely do more of these!:) xx

    Maddiestevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie, but i don't really buy magazines that often in all honesty! x

      Delete
  6. I made my Mom buy Marie Claire just for the hand cream. I adore all of Neal's Yard products and the hand cream is no exception.

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aww bless! It smells so nice doesn't it! x

      Delete
  7. The elemis lip balm sounds amazing! Tempted! We really don't change do we? I remember being a kid and sifting through magazines to find the best set of stickers or the best toy ;) haha!
    I have a giveaway on at the minute if you would like to check it out? Who doesn't love free things? ;) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god remember those days! I feel so old saying this now haha xx

      Delete
  8. Great post :D made my list of magazines to head out and purchase tomorrow :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the hair oil too, I'm excited to try it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im going to pick up the one with the hair oil! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good so far, my hair is amazingly soft! xx

      Delete
  11. I've just stumbled across your blog and I love it! These products look great. Proud new follower :)

    Sydney
    http://nowastedbreath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the hair oil in glamour and its really good i could defo see an improvement in the volume! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I used it last night and so far so good! x

      Delete
  13. I love magazine freebies, the hand cream looks lovely! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw that cream but as I had never heard of it I didn't check it out, silly I know. Will defo go and get a copy and sample now!

    http://love-kensa.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went for the Glamour magazine with the Hair Cream! :D I need to collect them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's some really nice stuff that comes with your magazines. In Denmark you never really get anything with your magazines - maybe a test of pads if you're lucky. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. definitely be popping a few of these in my trolley tonight! Love the sound of the hair oil :) but a no oil hair oil? Sounds intriguing xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.