Inspiration: Future Bedroom

March 18, 2013

Hello everyone I hope you have all had a good start to the week and are praying for this rain to stop just like me haha. Anyway onto todays post, as some of you may now I am moving house at the end of this summer and I am super excited as I get to completely redecorate my new bedroom exactly how I want it as I have wanted to redecorate my current bedroom for a while but since learning we would be moving house I decided to save up so I could do exactly what I wanted to my new room. I have been building up inspiration mainly from Tumblr and also Ikea as most of my furniture will be purchased from there and it occurred to me I could put this into a blog post to share with you all and maybe give you some inspiration if you were looking to redecorate or revamp areas of your own bedroom.

All images from Tumblr and edited by me.
In my new room I will have a little alcove area which will work perfectly as a little desk/study/blogging area which I'm overly excited about because I already have so many ideas for with the majority of my inspiration coming from the images above. With a clean white desk perfect to rest my MacBook on with minimal things such as stationary, a lamp and maybe a few decorative items on with then plenty of shelves around to put all of my books and magazine collection on with plenty of handy storage things like the wicker baskets and a few little decorations to add a little character to the desk area. I also want to hang a few little inspirational images around my desk area of quotes or fashion imagery.


After years of having to settle with a single bed I am so so looking forward to have a double bed that I can just sprawl out in and be all cosy in. I've seen so many white double bed frames with fairly lights intertwined in the headboard railings and pretty floral sheets with cute scatter cushions similar to the images above. I just find them so so cute and so me, in fact I've already started to buying duvet sets as I have a double duvet on my bed which you have all seen seeing as it is featured as a background on most of my blogs posts!


As for storage, I need a lot with the amount of shoes, clothes, bags and god knows what else I own but I don't want a wardrobe seeing as I hardly hang anything up in the one I have now so I know that I'm going to need a few sets of chest of drawers and under bed storage but I am thinking of getting a cute clothes rail that I can hang a few bits and bobs on but mainly to have it for decorative purposes. I also really like the word/letter signs that have been floating around for a while such as the LOVE one on the headboard and cute quirky things like that.

Below is just a few things that I know for sure that I want from Ikea after my recent visit to my local Ikea, I say local it's like an hour away but I was able to measure and properly look at the items I had already had my eye for a while.
12345
I hope you have all enjoyed reading this post seeing as it's something slightly different to my usual beauty/fashion related posts and let me know what you think of the ideas I currently have for my room as I'm always looking for more inspiration! 

xx

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Great post! I love homewear and the images you have used are beautiful, I love clean white bedrooms with floral detailing. I really like the furniture you have picked out from ikea, the desk would be perfect for blogging on, and putting magazines and books on the shelves

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww this is good, thank you! Yes thats what I'm going for, less colour and more decorative items. The desk is literally perfect isn't it! xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this post, I really like the idea of making a moodboard or pinboard with interior design ideas!

    I love that shelving unit you have picked out, so practical but so pretty! I also really like the idea of threading fairy lights around a headboard :)

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww good i'm so glad! :)

      Yes, ideal for storing things as well xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post, it was really useful as I am redesigning my room at the moment! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, i hope it helps to inspire you! xx

      Delete
  4. such a beautiful post. we have the exact same taste. i will move out in fall and i started saving up in the beginning of the year, so i can afford to decorate my apatment the way i want to.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of girls have similar taste, bloggers especially! xx

      Delete
  5. Very pretty ideas, I've always wanted a bed I can put fairy lights around x

    Glossy Temptations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post! Just found out I will be moving and I am now inspired and very excited to release the inner interior designer hehe :)!!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.