An Ode to Face Oils..

July 23, 2014

If you had asked my opinion on face oils this time last year you would have gotten a firm 'no, never gonna happen' kind of answer, but over the past couple of months my opinion on face oils has completely flipped, to the point that I need one in my life. 
I used to have major oily skin, so face oils were always something I steered clear of as I didn't want my face to become any oilier than it already was. Even though my skin is no longer oily (more on the dry side), I still was a little afraid of face oils as I wasn't sure how my skin would react and to be honest I just didn't have a clue. 

Rewind to a couple of months ago, and I was going through a horrible rough patch with my skin. It was just so dry, especially on forehead and my foundation would just cling to it so bad, and I just didn't really know what to do. I'd read on a few blogs that using an oil on dry patches really helped to soothe and minimise the appearance, so I whacked out the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil (£30), which I got in a beauty box and instantly my dry skin looked so much better. The oil pretty much sunk into the dry area, and it was almost as if it had disappeared, and since that moment my entire opinion on face oils has changed. 

Since then I have been using a facial oil on a daily basis as part of my skincare routine, usually just in the mornings but if needed in the evenings then i'll also apply a little. I've also been loving the Jurlique Skin Balancing Facial Oil* (£40), and this one is aimed towards dry skin. I've also found that adding an oil cleanser into my cleanser rotation has also helped, but i'll report back on that at a later date. 

What are your thoughts on face oils?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt23 July 2014 at 09:02

    I swear by oils, they are so luxurious to use and feel amazing on the skin. I'd love to try the one from Jurlique, I've been really impressed by their products so far :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of people recommend the jurlique one x

    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of the jurlique one, and so many people rave about it so it must be good! x

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I would love to try the Jurilique one! I never tried facial oils until I was sent one and now it's like, how could I have been missing out on this for so long?! They work magic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally understand why oil might seem scary! But, it can actually be truly beneficial and keep your skin in balance. I actually have a post that might be helpful: http://dreamandscheme.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/oil-cleansing/. This method works with the idea that "like dissolves like", meaning that to dissolve sebum and excess oil on the skin, use a 'like', or a facial oil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks heaps for sharing this link with me, I've just read through the post and it's been SO informative! I also had no idea that it could potentially help fight signs of aging.. you learn something new everyday, it seems! Have a brilliant week.. and thanks again! :)

    Gabrielle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.