Beauty Bad Habits #1

July 17, 2014

I've seen a few bloggers doing similar posts to this, where they highlight the habits they've got into when it comes to the beauty realm of their lives and I of course have noticed some of my bad habits recently, so I thought i'd share and see if it's not just me. 

LAZY SKINCARE ROUTINE

More and more i've noticed that my skincare routine is either on point or not there what so ever. Recently i've been quite good, at least getting the basic routine in of cleansing, oil/serum and moisturiser but sometimes especially in the evening that all goes down the pan and I switch to either makeup wipes or my trusty micellar solutions. We're all guilty of it, sometimes that makeup removal process is just too much at the end of a long day.

DRY SHAMPOO IS MY BEST FRIEND

My hair has got a lot better over the years, after finding out that a clarifying shampoo has been lacking from my hair care routine but on those days where my roots are looking that little shiny, whacking out the dry shampoo is my only option. Washing my hair is the most boring of tasks and as it is quite long it takes ages to dry, so on those days where I can get away with it I will opt for a dry shampoo. I've also found the brunette ones are great for when my roots are showing, as it works to hide them on the couple of days before re-dying my hair. 

NOT WASHING MY MAKEUP BRUSHES ENOUGH

Another one we're all guilty of, and over the past year i've invested in more brushes because I really don't want to wash my brushes. I know that sounds a bit extreme, but when i've got 10 or more brushes to wash, it makes the task prolonged even more. Having said that, I love the feeling of a freshly washed brush, it's like fresh bed sheets, you just can't beat it. 

So those are my beauty bad habits. I may add more as time goes on, as i'm sure there is a lot more habits that I have not picked up on yet.

What are your bad beauty habits?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I definitely don't wash my brushes enough! x

    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, definitely guilty of some of these!


    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk


    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do all 3 of these! :( I love when I finally wash my brushes too, it feels so much nicer, but I always find that my brushes take forever to dry, which makes me not want to do it!



    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am guilty of all of the above. When it comes to my skincare routine, I completely agree, it's all or nothing with no in-between. I make sure to keep makeup wipes by my bed for those nights where I just can't be bothered. As for makeup brushes, don't even get me started! I've got a friend who washes hers religiously every time she uses them and she actually cringes when she sees mine haha! One of my worst habits is always attacking my spots rather then letting them heal naturally.

    Jade |
    skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely guilty of all of the above, I try so hard but sometimes you just don't have time!x

    http://www.haakblog.com/2013/12/add-featured-content-slider-for-blogger.-jquery.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's summed me up in a blog post! I am definitely guilty of all three of these.

    sammy xx
    daintyowl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the Micellar Waters but recently I've been quite good and always follow up with a balm/oil cleanser. My skin has been so much happier... :)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.