NOTD: Models Own 'Bubblegum'

July 21, 2013

Another nail post, yes I am spoiling you guys! I've had this in my 'waiting to review' pile for ages, ever since I got this in my Selfridges Summer Beauty Box (review here) and after featuring this in my Summer Nails post (here) I thought it was only right to give you all a little review.
Models Own 'Bubblegum' - Models Own (£5)
I was super excited to receive this in my Selfridges Beauty Box as i'd had my eye on this for such a long and I almost bought it a few weeks prior but i'm so glad I held off. 

From one of their most recent collections the Ice Neon Collection, Models Own 'Bubblegum' is this beautiful neon pink that dries with a lovely matte finish and adds a lovely pop of colour to any outfit. I find I only need to apply a couple of coats to my nails and it dries super quickly making the task of painting my nails very effortless and I find this to last really well on my nails. I love this nail varnish as a way of rocking the neon trend we are seeing everywhere this summer, but in a somewhat subtle way. 

Now I didn't know this until today, but the frosted bottle isn't just for the decorative purposes but for in fact storage purposes as these are designed to be stored in the fridge! Yes, you read correctly. Apparently keeping these nail varnishes refrigerated helps to protect the intense neon colour from fading. I'll make sure to whack this in the fridge when I return home from Plymouth on Tuesday!

Have you tried any of the Models Own Ice Neon Collection?

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. I've been meaning to try one of neon collection for sooo long, they look so good! I just feel bad about buying nail polishes now because I have so many haha

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm the same, but you can never have too many! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colour, I haven't tried anything from their neon collection but this looks amazing! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical but i the colour pay off is so good!

      Delete
  3. You're right, it's a great way to rock the neon trend without having to sport a bright florescent top! eeek!
    Such a lovely shade of pink though,

    love Char xo

    hell0imchar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea, the neon trend doesn't suit all does it, haha! x

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour! I love neon colours in summer! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this colour on my toes right now, it's so vibrant and lovely.
    I really want to try more from the models own neon range!
    Love your blog!

    mollyrosecleaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i haven't thought about putting this on my toe nails, might give it a try! Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Wow this nail polish is super bright! Truly Neon!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com (currently running an international MAC giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO happy i found your blog during the bbloggers chat!! its amazing, im your newest follower!!!

    Love this polish its amazing!!!

    Roisin
    http://thefashionistaobserver.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping nail polish in the fridge? That's crazy! Never heard of that before.
    Love the color, I need to try some neon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't tried any models own polishes but this one looks so lovely for the summer. i wear lot of monochrome outfits and neon nails brighten it up alot.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can pick up models own on asos, as i know you can't always get a lot of the stuff i blog about :) xx

      Delete
  10. This is such a lovely colour, so weird that it needs to be kept in the fridge though!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know very strange but its worth seeing if it actually does anything for the colour! xx

      Delete
  11. This looks like such a gorgeous shade.. I just don't think I could bring myself to put it in the fridge :/ lol xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a deep, pretty shade! Neon colours are growing on me now so I might look into this!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This color is amazing!! It's seriously perfect for the summer and would look amazing with a tan!! love it!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it for sure makes you look more tanned like white nail varnish does! xx

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.