Lip Edit: Plum Lipsticks

July 07, 2013

Since I began blogging back in December last year I have found, that I have began to figure out what products work for me. I never really used to wear lipsticks and my collection has grown a lot in the past few months especially with plum coloured lipsticks as I have discovered these shades suit my skin tone really well and are wearable throughout the whole year.
L-R: Ck 'Fusion', MAC 'Rebel', Topshop 'Beguiled'.
My first choice when it comes to achieving plum lips especially during the daytime is the Calvin Klein 'Fusion', which is the lightest plum of the three lipsticks. It applies really smoothly and as it is a creme lipstick it doesn't dry my lips out at all and moisturises them and gives great coverage throughout the day. The MAC 'Rebel' (review here) I would say is my more special choice for plum lips and as it is a slightly deeper plum I prefer to wear this in the evening where i'm able to pull it off better. What I love about this lipstick is the satin finish to it as it applies really easily but can dry out after a fair few hours but a quick reapplication and all is forgotten. Finally the Topshop 'Beguiled' (review here), similar in colour to 'Fusion' but again a little deeper was my first plum lipstick that I ever owned and has somewhat been neglected but I do alternate between this and 'Rebel' for nigh time makeup looks. This lipstick has a satin matte finish, which is better than a matte finish but can still be quite drying so I do have to reapply this a few times throughout the day or really moisturise my lips before applying this.

Are you as obsessed with plum lips as me?

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Love this post! Plums suit me too and I've changed my mind so many times about buying MACs Rebel but now I'm going to go for it!

    Holly xx
    impatience-is-a-virtue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rebel, I have not regretted it one bit! xx

      Delete
  2. All three plum colours are beautiful! I love the MAC one especially!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thought you might! It is a beautiful colour xx

      Delete
  3. I love plum lipsticks too! They look so nice in the summer with a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favourite here is beguiled :D

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame they don't sell it anymore :/ xx

      Delete
  5. I love plum lips in the winter and evening! I do need Mac Rebel Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening for sure, it just allows to warm up your skin tone! xx

      Delete
  6. Plum lipsticks look very beautiful on other people, I just don't feel like I can pull them off :')

    Kah-Feh Yen
    I'm currently running a MAC lipsctick giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every colour suits everyone, just like baby pinks don't suit me that much! xx

      Delete
  7. Bold plum lips look amazing on others and then I try 'em and look clownish, sad life. :3

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love plum colored lipsticks!! I have rebel and love wearing it during the fall and winter times!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I do read every single one and I appreciate all of the amazing feedback from you lovely people! I will try to reply, but you can also tweet me @stylesplurging for a quicker response :) x

© Style & Splurging 2017.